Imaginations From The Other Side review by Blind Guardian

• Released: May 11, 1999
Blind Guardian: Imaginations From The Other Side

The cd features 9 tracks, of which some are was already released on singles before the release of the album. The album is based on tales and stories sung by bards, and some examples is Mordred's Song and Bright Eyes. The style of music is a mix between power metal and melodic metal, and this album is if possible even more melodic than the earlier albums. The album is very well put together, and the mix between the powerful riffs and solos and the wonderful melodic sound gives it a very unique atmosphere.

The lyrics are like the music - brilliant. The fit very well in, and really shows us how perfect Hansi is for this style of music. At times his voice is loud and powerful (like on "Imaginations From The Other Side" and "Born In A Mourning Hall") and at other times more slow and soothing (especially in "A Past And Future Secret").

This album is my all time favourite album made by any band or artist. It was the album that inspired me to start playing guitar, and the one that woke my Blind Guardian dedication. It is in my eyes both the most brilliant album by BG, and the most brilliant album of all time. The song bearing the same name:"Imaginations From The Other Side" is especially brilliant. This album gives me the chills each time, with only 9 songs, this album still beats all I've heard. I buy this album 10 times over if I had to. True Blind Guardian class!