Imaginations Through The Looking Glass [DVD] Review

artist: Blind Guardian date: 09/19/2005 category: compact discs
Blind Guardian: Imaginations Through The Looking Glass [DVD]
Released: October 5, 2004
The picture and sound quality are excellent. They look to have blended both nights to make one long "show," but it doesnt matter - you'll get a solid dose of BG from first disc!
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 10
 9.8
Imaginations Through The Looking Glass [DVD] Reviewed by: Martyrion, on december 02, 2004

Sound: The sound is really good, and very well put together. I've never bothered buying all the DVD's I've desired, but this one was worth the money. It was like having an album with live tracks in the DVD player, because the quality of the sound and the way the music sounded on this live DVD compared to the studio versions of the songs was amazing. When bands make DVD's they usually make sure the sound is good, but the way this was all played is amazing. It really gave me the chills sitting there just listening to how the lead guitars and vocals were really clear and slightly changed since it was live. The addition of more wah, and more focus on the lead vocal with the backing vocals cut out, or nearly cut out, really changed it all into a very unique version of the Blind Guardian songs. // 10

Overall Impression: Blind Guardian is not known for being the greatest live band, although nobody has ever complained, but studio is known as their real thing. But I think they're great live, and great in studio. I love the whole thing, it's simply brilliant. And definately buy it again if I lost it or someone stole it. It's worth the cash. // 10

Imaginations Through The Looking Glass [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 19, 2005

Sound: In my opinion, this has to be one of the best sounding DVD's I ever heard. The guitar and bass sound is rich and the drums nearly beat you to death. Hansi sounds a little laid back on his vocals. It seemed like a combination of Iron Maiden, Scorpions, and Pantera. On "The Bard's Song," Hansi lets the audience sing the song too much. The band doesn't mess up at all. They have some minor ones then and there but no major screw-ups. // 10

Overall Impression: Unlike all the other music DVDs, I don't think any Music DVD could touch this. I love the crystal clear picture and sound. I hated that they spoke in German for the Interview and "The Making Of..." I hate that it isn't sold in my area (USA). If it was stolen, I would be ticked. I wouldn't beat somebody up for trying to steal it. I would definitly buy it again if it was stolen. It's worth it! Buy it! You will not be disappointed! // 10

Comments