Nightfall In Middle-Earth review by Blind Guardian

• Released: Jan 1, 1998
Blind Guardian: Nightfall In Middle-Earth

Now first of all what's wrong with you people? There wasn't a single Blind Guardian review so I decided to add one. So let's get to the point. Nightfall In Middle-Earth is the best Blind Guardian album I have heard. Now one thing I like about the album is the idea. The album is made to honour J.R.R Tolkien, and tells the story of "Silmarillion", one of Tolkien's famous fantasy books. I think It's a kickass idea, and it works well. The other thing of course is music. For the very first time when I was like 10 or so, my big brother palyed me some of the album, and right when "Into the storm" begun I was like "Wow man, this kicks ass!". The whole album is something like Melodic power/heavy metal. There is lots of different instruments on this album too, not often used in Heavy music, like in "Time stands still". The sound quality is perfect. Only thing bad about the music is the lack of cool guitar solos, and I love solos, so they are important to me.

Like I mentioned, the Idea of Telling a story someone has written works well, so that means that the lyricks are good too. It has I think smething to do with the fact that the artist has not entirely written the lyrics alone. Of vourse they are made by Kursch and the boys, but Tolkien has given them the ideas and subjects. To be honest, I have not eveen read the Silmarillion, so I cannot tell do the lyrics match the real story, but I think they do, 'cause I've read a part of silmarillion. The lyrics go very well with the music. I think that on this album the music has been built on the lyrics, not the other way round. Andre (That's his name, right?) sing well in many styles. Plain beautiful and clear singing, but occasionally powerful, dramatic shout-singing.

From Blind Guardian I allso have "Tales from the Twilight world" and "Follow the blind", and I have also heard "A Night at the opera" Through. "Tales From..." and "Follow The Blind" Are ok, but I don't like "A Night At The Opera" at all, in fact I think I'ts pretty much shit. But "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" is certainly something different. The songs that most hit the spot with me are "Into The Storm", "Time Stands Still", "Mirror Mirror", and "Noldor (Dead winter reigns)". I love the Idea of the album (as I said) and the melodic guitarriffs and the whole thing of the album beign more than just an album - I think it's an artistic creation. The only bad thing is again th lack of guitar solos. If the album ever got lost I'd propably buy a new one, though I listen to it just occasionally, but It's still an important part of my record collection, and also one of the best Power/Heavy metal albums out there.