Silence review by Blindside

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
Blindside: Silence

After previous hardcore albums making a CD like this was quite a change for the band. However they pulled it off extremely well. Infact, this is probably one of the best post-hardcore CDs I own, and could even think off purchasing. At the same time it is unique to all of the other post-hardcore bands too, making it all the more great. If you are going to buy a Blindside album, this would be the one, it tops their new and old CDs.

Also quite good. Being a fairly good hardcore band at one time and keeping some of those aspects of yelling/screaming and such balences out nicely with his beautiful voice. The lyrics have also improved from previous albums, but have stayed with more or less the same themes, mainly relationships and some christian stuff (after all it is a christian band). Never the less each song sounds very different, so don't worry, you aren't getting yourself into some "emo" wannabe band.

In comparision to other albums it is the best and especially of newer stuff. I must say though that it no harder then post-hardcore, which some may like, but I admit I do miss some of the harsher vocals in the older cds. So I guess overall I'd say it's great for post-hardcore, but if you are looking for something on the harder you may want to try something else.