Silence review by Blindside

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
Blindside: Silence

This is the first Blindside recored I experienced. I like this album a lot. Its got a nice heavy and catchy sound to it. Overall just a strong record from song to song, and I enjoyed the style of their guitarist and singer. For old fans this may seem way more mainstream and it is. Before this they were hardcore and a lot harder with screaming vocals. But this guys decided to follow a more modern hard rock sound with their own vibe to it and they decided to leave the underground hardcore scene, but it was their decision. Nonetheless this is still a good record.

I liked the lyrics a lot on this record but they werent great they were just good, mostly because of the repetitiveness. Good emotion in the singers voice and lyrics. I like his screaming too, but I also love his singing which he does most this time. Good energy.

A lot of people rag on this album because they are older fans used to their hardcore sound, but if you ask me this is still good. And it is better than their most recent release. But oh well its all opinion I geuss. My favorite songs are Caught A Glimpse, Pitiful, Sleepwalking, Cute Boring Love, Endings, Time will Change Your Heart, and Silence. The only song on here that is under par to the rest is Midnight. The rest are truly amazing! Get it the next time your at the record store.