The Great Depression review by Blindside

• Released: Aug 2, 2005
Blindside: The Great Depression

Blindside's sound has grown, in my opinion, more mature with every album. The guitarist really changed his sound on this CD to more of a softer, deeper sound that fits all the songs perfectly. The singers voice gets better with every song. They used a lot of new tricks in recording the CD that shows their inginuity. They have progressed a lot in the 10 years theyve been together, and I love it.

Christian's lyrics are deeper, and are filled with little puns and analogies. You can definetly tell he put a lot of time and soul into the words. His melodies fit the music perfect, just like all the other CD's. He also uses his vocal range VERY well here. Plus I guess you could say he plays around with his screaming. Hard to explain, but he really put everything he had into recording the screaming parts.

As I mentioned before Blindside has grown into a very talented good band in their 10 years. If you compare early albums like Blindside, or A Thought Crushed My Mind, or even Silence, to About A Burning Fire and The Great Depression you can tell theyve come along ways. They've incorperated a lot more kinds of music in their new albums, especially this one. It used to be all hardcore metal/sreaming and such but now you have songs like This Time and This Is A Heart Attack. This band is pure genious as well as this CD. The "odd-time" riffs like on Yamkela are amazing. These guys are very talented and very good (especially live, I saw them a few weeks ago, best concert I've ever been to). I'd for sure go buy this album again and again and again.