Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

Im writing this review as a counter to the other blink 182 album review that was submitted, stating it was full of fifth grade humour songs and songs about girls. I would advise you to disregard this - Blink fan or not, ill go on to explain why. Sound - The band have decided to use a variety of sounds on this album - not just the usual repetative guitar riff and basic bass. Travis surpasses all expectation as per usual beating out insane drums right left and centre. Although the music hasnt got more technical, the whole album has a more adult side to it - so sorry, no songs about intercourse with dogs. Sound rating 4!

Ive opted to give the lyrics a five. This is because of the amount of change between Take off your Pants and Jacket and the new album. And contrary to popular belief, there are no songs about sex with any type of animal, or any incontinent grandparents. No bum sex either - which was a slight disappointment :p Anyhow. One only has to look at tracks such as Go, Stockholm Syndrome or Violence to see how much the band has changed. Go tells the story of his mothers unhappy marriage, and tries to get across how unfairly treated she was by his father. Violence is an excellent song describing the relationship between a boy and a girl. Contrary to popular belief i do not rate the song Feeling This very highly, I think that it lets down the album in general - but still award lyrics a five.

Did it compare to other albums? Yes, and i think this is possibly the second best blink album to date. No stupid songs, interesting instrumentals - what more could you ask for from a band that, maybe two years ago wrote songs about bestiality (f*** a dog) and Aliens and Conspiracy (Aliens exist). What are the most impressive songs from the album? Go, Stockholm Syndrome, Violence, I Miss you What do you love about it? What do you hate? Love - The new sound, the new lyrics, the whole new perception of the band Hate - The idiot who did the last review, giving it a 1 with no valid reasons, and most likely without listening to the album once. If it were stolen/lost, would you buy it again or get something else? I would buy it again, except that all the tracks are on CD, Minidisk and on my computer jukebox :D Is it worth of buying at all? Not if you expect an album that is anything like their last. Not if you are closed minded towards the band. Hell, even if you dont buy it, ask a friend with it to lend it to you - listen to it once and you will see the major change. Anything else you'd like to share? I hope people get to read this review, i hope it gives a fair evaluation of the album Chris signing off, cskent99