Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

Ok so now the new Blink albums out and I've had a chance to listen to it I have to admit i was surprised at how far they've come since Take Off... which was possibly one of the single worst albums I've ever heard not counting the Busted album. Now Tom DeLonge has kinda mellowed out and is writing mature music a world away from F*** A Dog. Thank God thats all I can say. The surprising thing is that Tom now uses a wide range off effects, and his new sig 335 may have some part in the great new sounding Blink experience. One of the most moving (did I just use moving while describing Bilnk) parts of the album is the letter to Mark's grandmother from his Grandfather during the Second World War. There isn't a bad song on the cd with the possible exception of Violence which is just plain weird but the chorus and bridge don't fail to impress. Even the radio friendly Felling This is a shithot song. and Down, Obvious and I Miss You are all great tracks.

The Lyrics are great, they are really mature and coming from the band that produced such punk greats as F*** A Dog, Blew Job and Family Reunion there may be hope for the new (and in my opinion) vastly improved Blink. An extremly mature and in some cases extremely moving album lyricly Blink really give the impression that the situations are ones that the band have gone through. The only problem I have is Tom's singing ability, he is still not as good as Mark vocally.

Blink 182 is one of the best punk albums I have listened to in recent years, sounding more like Boxcar Racer (Tom and Travis' other band for those of you that don't know) this album is a superbly written album, superb lyrics, inspired playing from all members and for a change no immature songs. The new Blink album may for once bring Mark, Tom and Travis some critical acclaim for once. Album Highlights: Down Feeling This I Miss You Obvious