Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

I play the electric bass and I can tell you that these guys sound great. Mark Hoppus sounds great on his fender bass VI and fender stratocaster. Tom is awesome also with his guitar. They might not have the best solos ever, or all be Jimmy Hendrixs and Angus Youngs, but they make each song sound interesting and exciting by having multiple instruments playing at once in some tracks and you will want to listen to the tracks over and over again.

Blink 182 have always been good lyricists and they continue to do so in this album. The lyrics in this album are more mature and have more meaning than any previous album. Blink 182 seems to have grown up and really started singing about real life issues (mostly about girls).

The music in this great! If you liked blink before, you'll love them if you get this cd. They open the cd with a great song (feeling this) that has great vocals and an awesome accapella at the end of the song. Then it leads straight into obvious and their new music video I Miss You. It tops their 2001 album Take off Your Pants and Jacket by a longshot. It is definitely their most serious album yet compared to Enema of the State (another great Blink 182 cd). It starts strong and it ends strong with a nice drum solo by Travis Landon Barker. They also take a combination of the old and new. Track 10 (Always) is a total 80's song as Mark comments. It comes, it kills most other punk rock cds, it leaves. What more can I say?