Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

The new style of music impressed me. I didn't know what to expect when I heard blink was "Maturing" musically. They took a darker approach with I Miss You, which was also an Acoustic track. Tom even got out of normal tuning, which is rare for pop-punk. I think the different styles turned some blink fans off, but some fans love it. And i think the different sound from these guys will get them some more fans. I also enjoyed the NASA Transmissions and the weird effects on Asthenia. That stands as one of my favorite blink tracks. And Violence was a different approach, with the weird drums and the snapping. It was a great record for blink musically.

Of course, with a new Blink 182 record, everyone expects a joke song like Happy Holidays or Family Reunion. But unfortunately, there was no song like that on the CD. But I think Mark and Tom had another idea with more serious lyrics. And with a downside of no joke song, the lyrics were well written. They even kept their pop-punk style with some serious lyrics in "Go" with Mark writing about his dad and how his mom and him tried to leave the house and get away from him, at least thats how i interpreted it. But lyricaly it was a quality album.

This CD, I think, marks a point in blink's career, they may take a more serious approach to righting music, or may try something new. But thats what I enjoyed, the more dark and more serious approach. With my favorite album being Dude Ranch, it isn't near as good as it, others may differ. And this album does completely differ from Dude Ranch. But I think if you are a blink fan, you should definetly get it. If your not, but you like the different style that you heard in I Miss You and now can see the video of Down, you might wanna check it out.