Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

Blink certainly has grown up. Theres no more joke songs which might lose a few fans. I was'nt so sure about this "Maturing" when I bought the album. The first listen I could tell the sound was different. They used different microphones and guitars bases etc. Most of the riffs are still pretty simple and catchy, but I'm lovin the sound. The simple catchyness of BLink 182 is what keeps me coming back for more. Some bands have crazy guitar solos which is fine for them, but if Blink suddenly switched and had a totally different sound, I probably would lose some interest.

The lyrics are no longer jokes, but they never had toally joke CD's. The lyrics have matured, and are more complicated to figure out, which I like. Both Tom and Mark have voices that some might like and some might not. They lyrics are more serious this time around, but it didn't completely ruin anything for me. My one wish would be that they still could have one or two joke songs, because they are masters of joke song making.

Blink 182 is a superior record. The songs that jumps out at me are Stockholm Syndrome, Down and number 13 on the album (Sorry I havent totally memorized all the names I'm pretty close though) The rest are all awesome too. I would buy it again no matter how many times it was stolen. It is worth buying unless you are one of the people who bases their life on saying how much they hate Blink 182. If your one of those people though, you should buy it anyway so you can hear wat you hate and have even more material to work with. Overall this CD is pure awesome.