Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

New guitars. Pianos. Synthesizers. Acoustics. Electrics. Jazz drumming. It all comes together for an amazing sound on the new album. We all new it was going to happen eventually right? Blink was going to be "all-growed-up" someday and come out with a new sound. And it really works for them too. There are 2 rather big changes as far as songs go. One is acoustic. "I Miss You" is an all acoustic song, and this is the first time blink has had an all acoustic song, or at least one that wasn't a secret song. The second change is pianos. "I'm Lost Without You" is a brilliant song, using piano as a primary instrument for most of the song.

Tom and Mark obviously took a long amount of time, and thought things out lyrically for this album. "I will go down, as your lover, your friend, give me your lips, and with one kiss we'll begin." Lyrics like that are a huge change from "When you F--ed grandpa did he kiss you soft and tender?" Lyrically some of the best songs are "Always", "I'm Lost Without You", and "I Miss You", as well as "Stockholm Syndrome" and "All Of This", with guest vocalist Robert Smith from The Cure.

To any person that is giving this CD a bad review, you need to sit down and re-think anything you put down. A lot of people like to go off of what blink has done in the past, and even as a long time Blink-182 fan, even I can admit that it all sounded similar and that a lot of it was poppy. But keep in mind that Blink-182 has started a revolution. This CD came out almost a full year ago, and numerous bands like Blink have made a musical change and "matured." Green Day's "American Idiot" is a total revamp from prior CD's like "Dookie" and "Nimrod." Granted, Sum 41 was on the verge of a change with "Does This Look Infected?", but their new CD "Chuck" is a complete change from "All Killer No Filler." You can bet your sweet ass that if I ever lost this CD, I'd be right out to buy a new copy. Hell, I bought all 3 versions of "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket" just for the secret songs. Theres nothing to even hate on this CD. You can't hate the fact that Mark, Tom, and Travis have finally matured. There is no comparison from any other Blink-182 CD to this one. We can only wonder what the next will sound like.