Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

The sound of this album is definitely different than the sound of Blink's other CD's. Generally, it is more heavily distorted, more raw, and less striaghtforward. If I had to critique one thing about the sound it would be that Tom uses too many effects on his guitar, and even though it sounds great, it's almost like the guitar isn't as strong as on say, Take Off Your Pants And Jacket. He has less cool riffs, but the chord progressions are heavenly. Basically, Tom is a sound genius.

As always, Blink's lyrics are awesome. Mark and Tom have great lyrical minds, and they totally connect the lyrics on every song. I love the lyrics on the Track "Feelin' This", they really capture a happy, punked-up hyper feeling. The track "Always" has amazing lyrics too. Basically the whole album's lyrics are really super rad.

My impression of this album is one of amazement. I have been a fan of Blink ever since Enema Of The State came out, and I own their entire discography. Just to listen to their releases, from Chesire Cat all the way down to this untitled release, it's amazing to see how they have grown as musicians. This album gets straight 5's because it is a really creative, artistic work. I love it, and if it got stolen or lost I would definitely replace it.