Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

I am a die hard Blink 182 fan and have been ever snce I heard the single dammit. There music has certainly matred since those days but they are still singing about more or less teh sme things. Like the first track on the album, Feeling This, it's about sex. Tom went in one room and wrote the vers whilst Mark went into another to write the chorus and they came out with an amazing pink song. This album was very different and at a first glance I did'nt like it very much but after listening to the lyrics properly I could really relate to this album and it is not to be dismissed. The songs like I'm lost without you, it is really long but it is an amazing masterpice and the heavy songs like Easy Target and Stockholm Syndrome are not the usual Blink sorta songs but they are really good and deserve a lot of credit.

This albums lyrics are absolutely amazing. Tom and Mark should be very proud for having written such inssightful music. People did not take to the lyrics from this album as much because they are not full of swearing and fart joke but those people are not true Blink fans they are just there for a laugh and thy only listen to the songs for a laugh not for a meaning. When I listen to this record and its lyrics I hear people like me people whos lifes are not a laugh a minute, people who have gone through bad times. The lyrics to songs like "Obvious" are angry and come from bad experiences but songs like "I'm Lost Without You" are from sad times where you are crying inside and most people can relate to all of these songs if they actually listen to them.

This album is not Blink's best album but it is one of the best, the singing in it is amazing Tom's voice has really evolved since the Cheshire Cat record if you listen to "Carousel" from that and then listen to "I'm Lost Without You" you will be amazed. The best songd for me on the album are all of them apart from the fallen interlude I only listen to that if I want some background music, I listen to it with "life's so boring" because they are lyricless apart from the end of the fallen interlude. I love everything about this album and I think that it is a masterpice and should go down in the history of music alongside classic bands like Nirvana and Iron Maiden. If this album were to be stolen (I don't really blame someone for stealling this its that good) I would definetely buy another. I would like to tell every blink fan or any punk fan or just a music enjoyer that they should give this record a chance because it might not seem that great at first but it wll catch on and you learn to love this album like I love I do and you will learn to appreciate great music like this.