Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

In this album, Blink use more other instruments, e.g. keyboard and effects. The songs are acoustic to punk to a bit of pop. Also the songs are more meaning full and serious than earlier albums e.g. Dude Ranch. You can hear emotion in their singing (Mark and Tom) espesialy in all of this and I miss you which are both acustic songs. Travis's druming is as good as ever. In the end of Lost Without You, 2 druming solos from Travis were recored over the top of eachover making a nice effect. Tom's guitaring is a bit better and used really good effects in the song Anisphenia. Mark's bass playing is also good.

Although Tom is not the best singer, he puts a lot of emotion in this album (I Miss You & Lost Without You) he is a lot better than earlier albums Dude Ranch and Chesire Cat. My mum was not very happy with the lyrics e.g. swear words but this adds more meaning and effect into the song, a good example of this is heres your letter, Mark sings this to great effect. So overal lyrics great but tom is not the best singer.

This album is definatly different to the eariler ones, from punk imiturity to punk maturity. Their earlier songs were less orginised a bit more rushy. This Blink 182 CD makes a good change but they should have a bit more of their old music in it. I like most songs in the album, Feeling This, Anesphenia, I Miss You, All Of This, Here's Your Letter ect. Ones I didn't like too much was Go and Violence. If this was stolen/lost I would probably open my piggy and buy the album Blink 182 again.