Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Blink-182: Blink-182

the sound of the music on Blink 182's self entitled album is alright but not as good as the sound that you would hear from an older CD or demo tape from them. It seems like this album does not have enough songs that are played only with the basic Blink 182 instruments (bass guitar, electric guitar, drums). This includes other singers, instruments, or effects. A few examples of these songs are "Violence", "The Fallen Interlude", and "Asthenia". In this album most of the guitar, bass, and drum parts were pretty basic. I have to admid that although I love Blink 182.

I didnt think the lyrics had much meaning. The older Blink 182 albums had a lot of songs that really related to their (Tom, Mark, Scott) lives. The song lyrics on this album were'nt all that great and for the most part were very simple. One example is the song "The Fallen Interlude" in which the only lyrics are "Down, down, down, pick me up I'm falling" repeated four times. I say this about the meaning of their lyrics although there are exceptions. The song "I Miss You" was a song that combined the feelings of the people from Blink 182 and the mood of the nightmare before christmas. Although I may not have loved the lyrics of all the songs,"I Miss You" and "Feeling This" were very catchy.

In my oppinion, if there was a contest comparing this cd to all of the other Blink 182 cds and demos, this CD would come in last. The other Blink 182 songs showed how blink 182's musical skills slowly progressed. It seemed like Blink 182 just wanted on more album so they pushed this out, although they easily pulled off a greatest hits album which featured a lot of the old and new songs. I have got to say that the best song on this cd was "I Miss You" because they really captured the feeling of the nightmare before Christmas. I don't like the lyrics from this album. If I lost this cd I really don't thnk I would buy it again.

blinnk16
    Reviewed by: LeD_ZePrOx, on september 30, 2004 1 of 9 people found this review helpful Sound: Their sound was not good at all. Of course compared to the other bands around now (Simple Plan, Linkin Park, Sum 41) they aren't too bad. This was one of their first albums, so they didn't really have much to write about from experiences as a band so it was more like a "you suck I suck we all suck and life sucks so I guess we should just live with it" kind of thing with all their songs. Blink 182 is a punk rock band that I'm pretty sure got inspired by Green Day but I could be thinking of another band. // 4 Lyrics: Both of their singers are very untalented, but I guess this is because they both play instruments. Of course keeping this in mind doesn't make any of the singing sound any better. I think Tom is a little more skilled than Mark, because he is a little more calm, but he still is not that great. // 4 Impression: I was really dissapointed with Blink 182. I thought they'd be so much better than this. I bought this cd to add to my collection and I liked it for like a second but then I hated it. I didn't really like any of the songs from this album but I think the best one is All The Small Things. If this album were stolen, I don't know what id do. // 2
    You're a retard. This is like their 8th album.
    blinnk16
    And on top of that you critiqued the wrong cd you dumbass. All the small things was on their cd before last.