Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

I have been listening to Blink 182 for the longest time I can remember. These are the guys that made me get into rock music, and to get a guitar. When I first heard this album, I didn't know if I liked it or not, and it was wierd because I've heard their stuff so much before and I loved it all. But the reason I didn't know, was because they have grown more into a mature band, and a more serious sound, that blink fans have never heard of. It took me a while to get used to, but after listening throughout the album about twice, I got hooked on it, and all I did for the next two and a half years, was worship this album.

The lyrics on this album is a lot different than their other ones. It has more deeper meanings and the vocals are stronger. I loved how Tom got to sing more in this album, because I am addicted to his voice. I also love how they put Toms voice and Marks voice together in such songs as Feeling This, and Violence. A big improvement on this album is that the topics they talk about are a lot more serious, and painful than the last few records. Even though there are lyrics that has a low vibe to it, the guitar and drums will bring them back up to the sky.

I just love this album hands down. The lyrics are powerful, and none of the songs have any corny, cheap romance type of songs. They are all about true love, feeling alone, missing someone, or any negative feelings, but without making it sound emo. Another reason why I love this album so much, is because it has powerful guitars, killer vocals, and mind blowing drums. If this album was lost or stolen, I would buy two more incase something like that happens again. I am not giving this album a perfect score, because I don't believe there is a such thing as a "perfect album", but if there was, this would be on that list.

blink_me
    Anyone who doesn't like blink-182 should be shot. And this is by far their best album, absolutly brilliant!
    GRG-HLB-170
    mark is more talented cos he wrote som of the guitar bits as well.... i liked this CD even if it was abit depressing n sad but it was a gd way 2 end... i feel that the greatest hits CD was the record label tryin 2 squeeze more money outa dem b4 they completely lost em so i dont count dat.... but blink rule
    ratmblink123
    blinkoneeighty2 wrote: omg wat a wanna be, ya it is thier eighth and no they are not gothic("you suck I suck we all suck and life sucks so I guess we should just live with it" ) no way man...mark is way more skilled, voice wise atleast. and ya it may not be thier best album but if u liked blink u would like this album. lmfao all the small things...wrong album and like blinks worst song.
    so he reviewed the wrong album... so what? he made a mistake. people make mistakes. bring your anger elsewhere. If you're insecure enough to yell at someone and "omg" them, just leave UG. Please, spread the love. Don't be a dick.
    ffguitarist182
    Reviewed by: LeD_ZePrOx, on september 30, 2004 1 of 9 people found this review helpful Sound: Their sound was not good at all. Of course compared to the other bands around now (Simple Plan, Linkin Park, Sum 41) they aren't too bad. This was one of their first albums, so they didn't really have much to write about from experiences as a band so it was more like a "you suck I suck we all suck and life sucks so I guess we should just live with it" kind of thing with all their songs. Blink 182 is a punk rock band that I'm pretty sure got inspired by Green Day but I could be thinking of another band. // 4 Lyrics: Both of their singers are very untalented, but I guess this is because they both play instruments. Of course keeping this in mind doesn't make any of the singing sound any better. I think Tom is a little more skilled than Mark, because he is a little more calm, but he still is not that great. // 4 Impression: I was really dissapointed with Blink 182. I thought they'd be so much better than this. I bought this cd to add to my collection and I liked it for like a second but then I hated it. I didn't really like any of the songs from this album but I think the best one is All The Small Things. If this album were stolen, I don't know what id do. // 2
    All I saw was the "Led Zep" part of his name and I already knew he'd be a judgmental retard against anything without a guitar solo. Be accepting and make me believe someone other than me can enjoy modern AND old stuff.
    ratmblink123
    Fuc k Tom. In the beginning of Blink, there was no frontman, no leader, it was a democracy. He turned a cool, funny band into shi t. I can't believe him. He was a pussy and didn't even talk to the band himself when he broke them up. He kept Mark and Travis out of it until the end. Fuc k that *****.
    ratmblink123
    Fuc k Tom. In the beginning of Blink, there was no frontman, no leader, it was a democracy. He turned a cool, funny band into shi t. I can't believe him. He was a pussy and didn't even talk to the band himself when he broke them up. He kept Mark and Travis out of it until the end. Fuc k that ass hole.
    TaV0
    Blink 182 are (or were) very popular because they had a stroke of luck and have lots of charisma, but if we speak musically, few songs are outstanding, most of their material is sh!t, lets get real, green day are much better than blink is