Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

The most matured Blink 182 album yet and oh my God is it good! There are either slow emotional songs like 'I Miss You' or 'I'm Lost Without You' and cool fast songs like 'Go' or 'Here's Your Letter' and sometimes a bit of a mix between those two styles like 'Obvious' (really good) and 'Violence' don't worry if you don't like one those styles cause Blink 182 will make you like em' they are that good. This was their last album before they split up and they did a really good job. Defiantly worth your money.

The lyrics are the most matured Blink 182 has ever had. Yet still they rock so hard! Every line is a keeper. If you would like more matured lyrics than their previous albums this is so for you and if you're already a fan this is also for you. The put their time and effort into this and it really does show it draws you into the song and their skills as a singer is amazing Tom and Mark sound so good on this album. I really wish they made one more before they broke up.

One of the best CD's and bands of all time. Blink 182 again raised the bar way higher than before. I'm not sure if anyone can even reach their height. Every song is impressive except 'The Fallen Interlude' I just hate interludes on a CD but that's just me; maybe not you. I love everything about it, the riffs the singing the way they put it all together the tone it's all exceptional. I would buy this album for more than I brought for last time if it was stolen or lost. It's really that good. Blink 182 rules and will for ever be. They are still my favorite band and I can't see anyone good enough to take them on. Tom, Mark, Travis you guys rule.

anjan14
    This is the best album i have bought it is awesome and great the lyrics are great ,the music is awesome so glad these gys are back and cant wait till their new album .
    Lycan_Ste
    ^ You don't know the meaning of Blink-182 then do you? This album isn't as good as Enema Of The State or Take Off Your Pants And Jacket, not really impressed but songs like Always and Here's Your Letter are pretty decent.
    devinbryndel
    I didn't like this album at first cause I was so use to there previous style. But now i find myself striving for this cd rather than the older ones. The sound grew up as well as I and I believe this cd is one of there best. Yeah alot of people that are still stuck on the "Fuck A Dog" and "Family Reuinion" side to blink are going to hate this cd. But they just need to grow up. I believe tom became a much better guitar player and he finnaly ventured outside of standard tuning (Thank god)...also I like how they brought mixer tones into there music and he started to use his new Gibson! which brought the dirty finger pickup to the mix. This album is all around my favorite..and for everyone that is saying Green Day is a better band than Blink 182 needs to wake up. At least blink changed there style and everyone liked it. Green day is too scared to changed. They are still playing the same damn 4 power chords and all there guiyar sounds the same. Now green day brought in a second guitar player cause Billie Joe can't handle all of it. No doubt i love green day but come on guys they need a change and need one fast! (Covering the john lennon song was NOTTTT the change i wanted..this was for the worse...stupid hippies)
    Give_em Hell
    mr. ... wrote: TaVO greed day sucks cock blink are sellouts
    you have room to talk you prolly like shit like good charlotte or nickelback
    Lipfat
    blinnk16 wrote: And on top of that you critiqued the wrong cd you dumbass. All the small things was on their cd before last.
    haha thats funny shit
    mr. ... wrote: TaVO greed day sucks cock blink are sellouts
    watch it im not emo but your still messing with some emo mother****ers so watch wat you becuz these bozos might track you down and cut your ****ing wrists till you die...trust me iknow these things
    Lipfat
    I thought it was ok i could tell the band was getting sick of eachother. i saw an interview with tom and he said he wanted to switch to more of a u2 sound...which isnt blink 182.so bot toms and marks/travises creativity mushed together and made kind of an"uhh its okay" kind of album. i think tom is doing well with his creativity in AA. they sound good. but i also think mark and travis are doing well in their band as well.they tried to mix them together on this album and it made wher it didnt do as well as when they were in sync.Compare feeling this to whats my age again, or all the small things to asthmenia and you'll see wat i mean.
    will-loves-zep
    this album is the worst blink 182 album ever, it completely ruined them, i don't see how anyone can give it 10 or even 5 out of 10. it completely went against what they were about.
    neozeke
    Ratiug318 Sound: Blink-182's newest self-titled album is their worst by far. They've gone from bad to sucky to shit. The repetative guitar parts are disgraceful for somebody to play who's as old as Tom DeLonge. // 2 Lyrics and Singing: The whining is very annoying. The lyrics are all about either girls or 5th grade humor (Remember on "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket"s lyrics about ****ing dogs and soforth?). // 2 Impression: This is just another album not worth listening to. Don't waste your money on this CD. Try listening to something different for once. For punk I recommend The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, and The Clash. For classic rock I recommend The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. For metal try listening to Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Ozzy Osbourne. There are plenty of alternatives to Blink-182's disappointing new album. // 2
    Did you even listen to the album? I don't recall any 5th grade humor on this album or any humor at all for that matter.
    solid37
    how can you say this isnt a good album half these songs are on there greatest hits geez and yeah green days is good but not better than blink for real i can see dissing other bands but never diss blink dude, anjan 14 i agree with you i cant wait either
    RICH101
    i recently borrowed this to see wot it was like. i found this a complete let down and i no there a people saying its brilliant and more mature but the lyrics are really bad toms singing is more winey than ever and marks singing is the only good part of it oh well i still have dude ranch and enema