Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

First of all, it is important to say that this album made history, this was the first album by one of the 4 most important bands of pop punk to change toward alternative rock (Green Day with American Idiot, Sum41 with Underclass Hero and The Offsrping with Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace). This album and American Idiot where awsome albums, but this is when pop punk started being bad, but this self titled is more punk/less pop than American Idiot, Underclass Hero and Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

This is the best album by Blink 182 lyricwise, I miss You is really impressive. Their songs don't just create ambients, but their songs that are really solid and good fitten together which are I Miss You, Obvious and Always. Mark is the same as always, repetitive might say some, but really good for my taste. This is the first Tom DeLonge used the AVA style (which is what we call it today) which is singing with a depresed and mellow voice, but there are exceptions such as Feeling This.

This is a really good album, compares to American Idiot I would say it would be in the top 20 albums of the decade. I Miss You, Always, Go, Feeling This and I'm Lost Without You are really impressive songs. What I hate about this album is that it was the spark that ignited new boring pop punk (but being a kickass album) and the start of the AVA voice. Asthenia and Violence are really bad. I wouldn't buy it again if stolen or lost.