Blink-182 review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Blink-182: Blink-182

I think the thing that makes Blink 182 special is there raw sound. There charm has always been that the records sound like just 3 guys having fun, which is why I think we all fell in love with them in the first place. However this album is a lot darker, yet they manage to still portray there classic sound. The album takes the band in a new direction and personally I think it rocks.

The easiest way to do this is to break down in turn each song: 01. Feeling This: The song is to put it bluntly about "sex", with Tom tackling the physical side and Mark the romantic side. Possibly my fave track on the album. There contrasting vocals rock and the harmonies at the end are beautiful. 02. Obvious: Personally I don't rate this song, It's not catchy and the chorus sucks to be honest. Tom's vocals save this song completely. 03. I Miss You: The song we all know and love. It's acoustic warm charm brings a smile to everyone's face. We all know the lyrics and can't help but sing along. 04. Violence: The oddest Blink song I've ever heard, it's just so different and so catchy. Great song. 05. Stockholm Syndrome: Great song, great lyrics. When Mark sing's "I'm crippled from exhaustion" I can't help but get Goosebumps. 06. Down: This song is just ok. The lyrics are nothing special, except from the awesome moment when Tom whispers "this can't be the end". 07. The Fallen Interlude: Doesn't really have many lyrics, but great piece of music. 08. Go: Fast paced, upbeat and jolty. Mark does the vocals so well. It's less than two minutes long, yet one of the best Blink songs I've ever heard. Brilliant. 09. Asthenia: Another ok song, has about a minute of nothingness at the start, lyrics are ok in places. 10. Always: This song has amazing lyrics, it's slower paced but when Tom says "I've been here before a few times, and I'm quite aware we're dying" you can tell it's a song that means something. 11. Easy Target: This is another good song on the album, it does not rival songs like Go, Feeling this and Not Now, but it still rocks! 12. All Of This: With the Cure's Robert Smith doing the Vocals on the Verse's this song is obviously going to be unlike typical Blink, but in a good way, another great song. 13. Here's Your Letter: In my opinion this is probably the second worst song on the album. (Worst being Obvious). Although in saying this, the lyrics aren't half bad. 14. I'm Lost Without You: A good song, the lyrics are heartfelt and mean something. 15. Not Now: Might be the final song on the album but it seems they are determined to go out with a bang, this song rocks the guitar riff is brilliant, the lyrics are clever and this song helps us remember why we all fell in love with Blink 182 in the first place!

It's hard to compare it to Blink's previous albums as it is so different. Its good at what it's trying to be, its is worth listening to and song's like Feeling This, Go and Not Now make it a great piece of music, despite having a couple of songs that are a let down.

Mr_Cbone93
    Lycan_Ste wrote: ^ You don't know the meaning of Blink-182 then do you? This album isn't as good as Enema Of The State or Take Off Your Pants And Jacket, not really impressed but songs like Always and Here's Your Letter are pretty decent.
    Apparently even blink doesnt know the meaning of blink?? I forgot they model themselves after what you want...
    Gibby_47
    but i still listen to ever one of their songs and think this album is still pretty kick arse