Buddha review by Blink-182

• Released: Jan 1, 1994
Blink-182: Buddha

Fairly energetic pop-punk. This is one of the bands demo tapes recorded at one of the band members houses which is why the sound quality is poor, but after a few listens you wont notice the poor recording quality. These songs are all unique to eachother, and these songs have alot of nice catchy, popy melodies in them. I believe that all of these attributes are something that blink 182 currently lacks. Other than some nice melodies the songs aren't incredibly great high quality music, and unless your customed to bad music it will take a few listens through to make these songs good.

Most of the songs are about girls, or are filled with potty jokes or something. Luckily it dosen't come off as annoying emo-ish teen angst, and a few of the songs even have topics that people of all ages could relate to (but still wouldn't be able to listen to, I wouldn't subject my mother to listen to music this bad). The singing isn't great, and it seems like neither tom or mark have any experience or knowledge in singing. Pretty much anybody could sing along with it, and alot of people can sing better than it. That added with the fact that the songs are easy to play on their instruments makes covering these songs with you band easy. So, pretty much, average singing, with some lows. And average songwriting with a couple of highs.

This comes in decent packaging, although the little circle in the jewel case that holds the cd in was crushed on mine. But I believe that the publisher of this album is a small company, so that explains the lower plastic quality. Blink 182 is one of those bands that starts out better than it ends, and starts with more origonality. If you are deciding to buy either this album or cheshire cat, I'd get this one.