Buddha review by Blink-182

• Released: Jan 1, 1994
Blink-182: Buddha

Ahh, blink's first true album. What can say, this is how I wish Blink 182 stayed instead of getting all poppy like they are now. The copy I own is a re-released version that was made in 1998, so I think the sound is excellent quality for a demo. This is what true punk music is, folks.

The lyrics are actually pretty well thought out for a few teenage punks. Sure, most of the songs are about girls, but thats what lots of kids are into these days. The fun-loving, hilarious aspect of blink is also evident in this release, with such songs as My Pet Sally and TV. Although Mark (bassist and singer) and Tom's (guitarist and singer) singing isn't the greatest in the world, they really do have unique voices that make me want to listen to their songs over and over again.

On the whole I'd have to say that this is an awesome debut album for Blink, and that this is what true punk is all about. I only wish that Blink ahd stayed with this type of music instead of getting all pop. One thing I like about this album is that every song is likable and of equal quality and greatness. The best songs are TV, Strings, My Pet Sally and Time. If this album were stolen I'd try and get it back using any means necessary.