Dude Ranch review by Blink-182

• Released: Jun 17, 1997
Blink-182: Dude Ranch

It's fast, it's loud. It just lacks the solos. I don't expect a band like Blink 182 to bust out the crazy cool guitar solos. I just wished that they showed more of their talent. Tom Delonge isn't that great of a guitarist, but he does a good job of making catchy riffs. Tom's vocals are his best in this album. Mark is a pretty good bassist, and has the best voice in the band.

The lyrics are mostly about girls. So if you're more into angry lyrics about suicide, or fighting. Then maybe you should check out Slipknot or KoRn (cool bands). These lyrics from Blink-182 are well written, some of the best written lyrics that I've heard. They go well with the sound and the pace of the songs. Although I relate with angry lyrics from KoRn, I can also find a bunch of things that I relate to with these lyrics.

This is my favorite Blink 182 album. I like all the songs on this CD equally. Dammit stands out the most, because it was their most popular. I've always liked Blink-182 because they're able to have so much fun making music. Many people don't appreciate how they goof around too much, but I think it's great. They're more like artists/comedians. Okay, not exactly. But this CD brings back many memories, just like all the others. The new self-titled album, can't even compare to this one.