Dude Ranch review by Blink-182

• Released: Jun 17, 1997
Blink-182: Dude Ranch

Awesome. Amazing. Theres so many words you could use to describe "Dude Ranch" and I'll admit, as a long time Blink-182 fan, this is definitly the best yet. The new CD (untitled) is good, and its a complete turn-around, but "Dude Ranch" is by far the best yet. Tom recorded the entire album with Gibson guitars, and that sound really stands out. I love the sound of this album.

"She didn't mean to decieve you, believe me, but sometimes the hardest part is concieving." Mark said the "Apple Shampoo" was some of the best writing he ever did in any song lyrically. Blink used great lyrics that went with the music well, and they've always been able to do that on all of their albums, whether its about a girl leaving, to sitting in space not wanting to come back, to having sex with a dog or family member, Mark and Tom have always had the talent.

First of all, a big thanks goes out to former drummer Scott Raynor for quitting the band. Who knows had Scott stayed and brought everything down, Blink may not even be around today. There is no comparison to this album. It's amazing, and blink's best to date. Songs that stand out and are favorites of mine are "Josie", "Dammit", and "Lemmings." Theres nothing to hate on this album. But I'm glad that Tom's voice has improved, and doesn't sound so whiney anymore.