Dude Ranch review by Blink-182

• Released: Jun 17, 1997
Blink-182: Dude Ranch

The sound on this CD wasn't to impressive, it's as if Tom doesn't know how to sing or he's really just 13 or 14 and tries to sound older, but Marks has always been good at singing. Both are good at their instruments even as they start out on this CD. Though Scott didn't sound good on this CD. It's as if he only knows one drum riff, and that's to pound on the bass drum and to hit the snare as hard as he can and just do that. It's so off, it makes the song sound bad. But not too bad, with the sound of other instruments the sound is still pretty good. If Travis was on this CD instead this CD instead and Tom knew how to sing back then, then this CD might as well be the best there is.

The lyrics on the other hand to the sound are excellent. Though Apple Shampoo wasn't all that famous, I'd say it's the best on the CD. Sure Dammit and Josie have decent lyrics, but they're repetitive. Apple Shampoo unlike most songs really has no chorus, and doesn't repeat. My favorite part of the song would be "I never wanted to hold you back I just wanted to hold on But my chance is gone I know / just where / I stand / a boy Trapped in the body of a man and I'll take what you're willing to give And I'll teach myself to live With a walk-on part of a background shot From a movie I'm not in" The ending of the song yes but the best of it. Other songs like Untitled or Dammit also have very good lyrics telling stories in each song.

This CD may not be the first, and it's not the most recent, but I'd say it's one of their best. It doesn't have the drum talent of Travis, and it doesn't have Tom's singing talent yet. But I still like it anyways. The best songs on the CD would have to be Dammit, Apple Shampoo, Untitled, A New Hope, and last but definatley not least Josie. Definatley if it were lost or stolen I'd buy it again or just re burn it since it's saved to my hard-drive. Whichever I prefer. So those of you who are Blink fans this is an album for you. Go by it if you don't have it.