Dude Ranch review by Blink-182

• Released: Jun 17, 1997
Blink-182: Dude Ranch

Amazing. This is the album that got me hooked on them. There was really no other band like them. They did kind of their own thing, following the whole "funny punk" idea. They come across like a definite party band. You can tell they like to have fun. The sound is just fast, fun, punk. Don't think there was a story in the album, but definitely in some songs alone they do get a little more involved. They all sound kind of the same, with the drum pattern and guitar thrashing, but it's all good. I never tire of blasting it out the window and just having a good time to it. Isn't that what it's all about?

The lyrics are great. To me, they closely follow the Ramones with funny, clever, witty lyrics. Just stuff that when you first hear it, you go, "What did he just say?" Some of them are heartfelt I guess, like Pathetic, Josie, and I'm Sorry, and others are just plain funny like Voyeur, and Degenerate. I wouldn't really know how to describe the singer's voices. They're not the best, but on songs like Pathetic or Dammit, it's just, "Who cares?" Pretty much for all the songs it's like that. But, if I had to put it on any level, it's much more preferable than Ashlee Simpson or whatever. I'm sure we could all with that.

Love it. Simply love it. Now one of my favorite bands. Great songs with memorable tunes. It has it's hits like Dammit, Josie, and Apple Shampoo, but there are better songs. Personally, Degenerate is my favorite. It's a well put together song with great lyrics. Wicked funny. Pathetic is also another great song. They're all good basically. If the CD were stolen, I'd beat the shit out of whoever stole it. Same with everything else, but if it were lost, well shit. That's my fault. Scrape my pennies together and buy it again. I bought the CD looking for some fun music. In fact, I had never listened to Blink-182 before. I just picked it up, and looked at the back and cracked up. They're posing in sombreros and guns and it's just plain funny. Also, when I saw the title "Dick Lips," I immediately thought, "Shit, this has to be good." They say first impressions are usually wrong, but in my case, I was right.

redsoxxplayer
    i don't drum, but i thought that scotts drumming in Cheshire cat was kind of bland, but then he improved a lot in Dude Ranch and had a lot more variety in it. He definitely DID NOT ruin any songs with his drumming.
    ChiliMyAss
    God this album is a masterpiece.. If anyone doesn't know what blink album to get first.. get this if you're into punk rock stuff like screeching weasel or bad religion. If you're into a more pop directed rock then go for take off your pants and jacket and maybe enema.. though enema does have its punk influences. If you're into slower more complex alternative rock then go for the self-titled album.. If you're into all out punk rock then go for cheshire cat.