Enema of the State review by Blink-182

• Released: Jun 1, 1999
Blink-182: Enema of the State

Theres a little more to be desired in the sound department. Tom and Mark sounds great but if you're expecting to hear great guitar solos here, you might as well pass this album up. Blink 182 follows as most other punk rock bands do, and don't try very hard to write solos, but rather write cool guitar parts during the verses and kickass little riffs all along the way.

Blink 182's lyric writing skills have never failed them. The lyrics on Enema Of The State are good, but you still wont be able to escape phrases like "Don't let my door hit your ass" or "Girls are such a drug". Blink's consistent lyrics throughout the album are fun to listen to and laugh at. I also like the fact that there is not always one vocalist singing on all of the tracks. Tom and Mark take turns singing each of the songs that they have written and they are both talented musicians, as well as vocalists.

Being on e of the band's earlier albums, it doesn't quite match up to the later Take Off your Pants And Jacket or Blink 182 (Self Titled). It's mostly because of Blink 182's inability to not write serious songs in their younger years (The only exception of this is in Adam's Song). But nonetheless, this is blink 182's first good album that is full of great songs such as Whats My Age Again and my personal favorite off of the cd, Dysentery Gary. It is a huge step up from Buhdda and Cheshire Cat. It combines fun guitar riffs with excellent lyrics to make for an album that is definetly worth buying to listen to in good times with your friends.