Enema of the State review by Blink-182

• Released: Sep 27, 1999
Blink-182: Enema of the State

This is a fairly old Blink album. There is only one song without distortion or overdrive which is fantastic by the way. I don't believe there is any story attatched to this album and if there is it is a very well disguised story. I think Blink have created their own unique sound that many modern-punk bands today still use. Songs like All The Small Things, Aliens Exist and What's My Age Again have a great original punk sound in them and have had a great influence on punk music in general.

The lyrics of Enema Of The State are fantastic. There rude, don't make sense and are just really great fun to listen to. Songs like Dysentery Gary and The Party Song are just really pathetic but mix really well with the fast thrashing punk Blink play. Although the album does not have a story line some of the songs have storys in them selves. Dysentery Gary: making fun of a sick person. What's My Age Again: acting immature on a date. Just little storys like that in the song make the album a lot more fun to listen to. At the time Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus didn't exactly have much singing ability.

I think this was Blink 182's best album. In Blink 182 their self-named album they start trying to become serious musicians and I think the real original Blink is in Enema Of The State. I don't think there is a best song on this album. I reckon it's the real Blink and that's when they were at their best in their careers. There is nothing I hate about this album. I've learnt every single part of every song and listened to the CD heaps and heaps. If this album was stolen or lost I would not even hesitate to buy a new one, it is a fantastic album and I would advise anyone to buy it.

metalfan#3
    Wow, some really immature reviews, especially the last 2 ones. Do they not even know that your not supposed to be absolutely direct with lyrics? Maybe it's just me, but It's no fun when the lyrics just come out and say what they're trying to get across.
    drummerdude92
    05. What's My Age Again (9/10-all those haters who say tom sucks, try playing this) its the easiest song to play lol. even thoyght tom sucked, blink is still one of the best bands ever. best album by them
    Sick_of_you
    Blink set the trend for most Pop Punk bands out there in this modern world, and who wasn't inspired when they hear All The Small Things in high school? truly great album, especially since it was the first one i heard by them, and whats more i was 15 at the time and it helped me out alot. Love every song on this album.
    Draken
    It's a good fun album i think it is a magnum opus of pop-punk. It pretty much set a benchmark to be matched by most other bands in the genre.
    Fender_punk
    2nd best only to Dude Ranch
    well said. i love everything about this album. This was probably the best era of the band, musically and personality-wise
    Emma_Loves_Cops
    Goddamn I miss this album. I think imma have to buy it again. Some jackass stole the last one i had.... Ill have to buy this album cuz its great! I miss Blink 182!!!!! *sniff* :-(
    AlexBarraclough
    This was and still is an AWESOME album...all the blink albums are great. Fuck AVA and +44...BLINK TO REUNITE!!!!
    Smeegy
    Adam's song's intro riff is a rip off from Metallica's "one". listen to it yourself if you dont beleive me. Also, to the guy who said " listen to whats my age again if you think tom sucks at guitar" well... its not that hard to play honestly. Id say a beginner can play this song within a week or two of first picking up the guitar. all blink 182 is really, really simple to play. Actually all the music in this genre is easy to play. Anyway this album is only good because the songs are catchy even though its plagiarism and inept guitar playing all bundled into a tiny little package in the hopes of making money off you.
    zakattak_
    i dont see how people can not like blink 182. theyre ****ing quality. people think its cool not too like them, so really not liking them is shit.
    jshrn31
    Im actually suprised ppl called this their best album. I think its their worst