Flyswatter review by Blink-182

Blink-182: Flyswatter

Ok, first of all I've grown with Blink, but only a true fan would reach the point of reading/writting a flyswatter review (because some think cheshire cat was the first album, or at least Budha).. Anyway, just as most of us do, we make home recordings, just for fun or whatever, these guys (Tom DeLonge-Guitar, Mark Hoppus-Bass and vocals, Scott Raynor-Drums) wanted to record something, but this was almost 20 years ago. The sound quality is obviously crap, but the music its self is really good. Of the 8 tracks, 2 are covers, I think the NOFX cover is pretty decent.

Blink 182 will always (or at least until Take off your Pants and Jacket) talk about girls or teenager themes in general in their songs. They did talk about teenager problems, but not girls, they talked about being ''rejected, different, etc.'' which was really cool (and being Flyswatter the last Blink 182 album I've heard until the day). About how the played, they didn't do it perfectly to be honest, but Mark has awsome bass lines in some songs. About the singer skills, someone might even think this is not Mark, why? Because it wasn't edited in a big label, it wasn't edited at all actually (plus Mark was only 17 or 18 back in the Flyswatter days). I don't know when or why they realized Tom has an awesome voice, but as said before, this is the last Blink album I've heard to the day, so knowing that Tom also sings, I wouldv liked to hear his voice in Flyswatter.

If it had a decent quality, it would compare, it has kickass songs. Some of the most impressive songs for me are Red Skies and Marlboro Man for its bass lines, Alone has an awesome guitar riff, The Longest Line is better than NOFX's version (I've said it about a 100 times now, but technically it ''isn't'' better than NOFX's version because the sound quality is horrible). The only song I dislike is Time, just because it reminds me of Don't Stop Believing by Journey. My favourite in general is Reebok Commercial and I really think they should consider playing that one live or even re-recording it. The only bad things with most of these songs is that they have really long (cool, but long) intros and a lot of unnecesary (sometimes cool, but unnecesary) drumming.