Greatest Hits review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Blink-182: Greatest Hits

Well this is all the Greatest Hits on one album so it must sound good. Right? Correct! It is a suprisingly good album cos even though I am a huge Blink fan I wasn't too pleased with my first impressions of the Greatest Hits. All in all it has 17 tracks from "Cheshire Cat," "Dude Ranch," "Enema Of The State," "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket," "Blink 182" and more! Also, if you are lucky enough (or unlucky depending on your point of veiw) to live in good ol' England or the rest of the UK, they were lovely enough to give us 2 extra bonus tracks which were "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" and "Go (BBC Radio 1 Session)" which are both preety cool in their own right but remember all you non-UK ers (if there's such a word) that you only get 17 tacks apposed to our 19! I think they've either remixed some of the songs such as "Dammit" 'cause they sound different from the album version bt it might just be the singles that are on there which is probably the case but all in all the sound is really good and the new track "Another Girl Another Planet" is awesome man!

Well, in this album there is 2 types of Blink! The "immature side" which is great if you are into the more up-beat pop-punk type music which they are so 'infamous' for if I do say so my self! Tracks like the opener "Carousel," "Dammit," "Adam's Song," "Stay Together For The Kids," "I Miss You" all have true, emotional, exceptional lyrics which anybody with as life could compare to really. Well lets face it, their not the best song writers in the world but what they do, do is excelent for the genre in its own right! All good stuff!

If you have all the albums from "Cheshire Cat" to "Blink 182" then really, there's not much point in getting this but if you are a hardcore blink-182 fan like moi here and want it to complete your collection then go ahead! There are 2 or 3 really good bonus tracks on here for you as well and it's great to have all of their "Greatest Hits" on one CD rather then you go on one album and play a song or something! The most impressive songs on the album are obviously the classics such as "Dammit" which sounds amazing on the "Greatest Hits" album, "All The Small Things" of course one of the greatest songs of all time imo (no joke), "What's My Age Again," "First Date" a personal favourite, "Always," and the bonus track "Another Girl Another Planet." Those are my favourite songs really but don't get me wrong all the songs on this album are definitley Blink 182 at their very best! Things I love about this album are you get all the great blink songs on one CD, the bonus tracks are really cool and great fun and it keeps us blink fans going untill the realeses of the "Angels And Airwaves" and "Plus 44" records coming out next year! But thing are they could have put some more of the classic singles on here such as "Wasting Time," "Apple Shampoo," "Story Of A Lonely Guy" etc. to boost the track listings and this is unfortunatly a manufactured piece of excellense but all in all this album rocks!