Greatest Hits review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Blink-182: Greatest Hits

As the album progresses it clear to hear how much Blink 182 have developed from a trio of fun loving punk kids to a slightly more mature trio of fun loving punk, may they rest in peace anyway. I've always loved the bass riff on "Carousel" and as for Tom DeLonge guitar playing the amount of amazing openings hes made with the barre chord, like "What's My Age Again," "Adam's Song" and the undeniable "Stay Together For The Kids." And from track 5 Travis Barker era (as in ever since) of drums is possibly the main factor of Blink's improvement "a good band with a bad drum is a bad band" but a band with Travis Barker is un-f--king-stoppable.

I must admit I prefer Mark's voice to Tom's but they both write songs that can make you laugh, cry from laughter or just cry. Lyrics such as "My love life was getting so bland, There are only so many ways I can make love with my hand" from the days of if its funny and they can find a riff for it it'll be on an album, but 1997 Dude Ranch album even then showed the band where going to be huge with there hit "Damnit" lyrically every dumbed guy will relate to. And "What's My Age Again" with some awesome lyrics questioning why should we grow up and be serious. while the hard hitting "Stay Together For The Kids" is the obvious tear jerker along with "I Miss You." The self-titled "Blink 182" has 4 or 5 songs slapped on which may be one more than needed but with the rare "Man Overboard" and the hilarious "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" it's all good.

I personally love the album, almost every song has played a part in my life good or bad. there quick wit clearly makes then the funniest band in punk rock (second being bowling for soup). The best track from the album would have to be the last song they ever recorded as a group "Another Girl Another Planet" although to read about Tom having to record that against his will does chip away at its greatness a little. If I had to think really hard about what makes this album far from perfect I'd have to say its to short and doesn't have enough non single hits like "Here's Your Letter," "Aliens Exist," "Shut Up," "Online Songs," "What Went Wrong," "Reckloss Abandon," "Dumpweed" and "Untitled" (from Dude Ranch) those were all tunes that held there own. If your a punk fan, a Blink fan, got ears or your just not deaf this is a must have. Deffinently a good party album.