Greatest Hits review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Blink-182: Greatest Hits

Well, let's see. 'Greatest Hits' means greatest hits. We get Scott Raynor in drums in the early years of Blink 182's career and this guy's good. I heard 'M&M's' and 'Josie' and they kick ass. I don't want to talk about it, but blink 182 replaced Scott with Travis Barker, which I consider an upgrade for the band's music. You can clearly hear it starting from their 'Enema of the State' part of the album. Tom Delonge and Mark Hoppus brings out the best in their field of music with their own instruments. Their rhythm is catchy and if you're a big fan of fast paced music, this is the perfect album for you.

Typical Blink 182 songs are more about girls, mixed with some obscene lyrics. Of course, Tom and Mark has excelled in the vocal field of their career and has done really well. The blend of Tom's kinda high pitch voice with Mark's low pitch voice is really good. But one thing that caught my attention in this album is their unreleased song 'Not Now.' I was listening to it and from what I hear, it's like a typical Blink 182 music. But when I listened to the lyrics, I felt that there is an awakening in the band and they wrote a song about death, how God has it all planned out and the rest. It really touched me.

The Good and the Bad about a band's Greatest Hits: the good part is all their good songs are compiled in one album. If you're lucky, they get in songs they haven't previously released, like 'Not Now', which is my favorite song in this CD. The only bad part about it is that chances are slim that we will hear them perform together again, which I know will be the greatest disappointment on all of the Blink 182.