Greatest Hits review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Blink-182: Greatest Hits

Since this is a Greatest Hits CD, all Blink's best songs are on it. I believe that all the songs have been re-recorded with Travis, so they sound alot smoother and richer. Of course, certain songs still sound the best in their original form. Personaly, I love the version of Carousel on Buddha better than I like it on Greatest Hits or Cheshire Cat.

Basicly, the lyrics range from serious (Adam's Song, Stay Together For The Kids), to funny (All The Small Things), to stupid (M&Ms). Both Tom and Mark sing, and think both of them are great singers. I think that their lyrics could be cleaned up a little, but otherwise I found nothing wrong with this album lyricly.

This is not Blink 182's best CD (go out and buy Enema Of The State or Dude Ranch), but it's rather a collection of hit radio songs over the years. If I lost this album, I'd definetly buy it again. Here's what I think of the songs 01. Carousel - this song was first featured on the Buddha demo back in 1994. It was enlongated and made less punk for 1994's Cheshire Cat. I think this is an excellent if pointless song. 02. M&M's - first heard on Cheshire Cat, this song is too stupid to make it any good, but it doesn't really matter. 03. Dammit - exellent song with great guitar intro. Comes from 1997's Dude Ranch. This was also the band's first video. 04. Josie - this is the other single off Dude Ranch. It's an okay song but gets pretty annoying if you listen to it too much. 05. What's My Age Again - this was the song that rocketed Blink 182 into stardom. It was featured on Enema Of The State. It was also (according to Blink 182's web site) the first song they recorded with Travis after they dumped Scott Raynor. 06. All The Small Things - this was the best possible song to prove that Blink 182 was more than just a one hit wonder. I got into Blink 182 for this song and now I have all their albums. 07. Adam's Song - this song was the bands first serious song, about teenage suicide. I love this song and it was the first song I learned how to play myself. Of the Enema Of The State album. 08. Man Overboard - there have been rumors that this song is about Scott Raynor, although the band denies it. Great song and bass intro. 09. The Rock Show - the first single off of Take Off Your Pants And Jacket, it is a funny song about love with great riffs and choruses. 10. First Date - another funny song about love, and arguably the funniest video of all time. From T.O.Y.P.A.J. 11. Stay Together For The Kids - a touching song about divorce based on Tom's life as a young boy. Awesome guitar intro. 12. I Miss You - great song, again about love, but less funny. First single off of their untitled album. 13. Feeling This - I bought their untitled album the day I heard this song I loved it so much. I talks about the fast (verse) and soft (chorus) parts of sex. 14. Down - awesome song, however the video didn't make much sense. Too bad I guess. 15. Always - great song and the last video off of the untitled album. It was a much better video than Down and ensured they would go out with a bang. 16. Not Now - a beautiful song, previosly unrealeased. They made a hit video which included clips from all their other videos. The last video probably ever by Blink 182. 17. Another Girl Another Planet - this is the theme song from the reality TV show Meet The Barkers. An okay song with a catchy beat.