Greatest Hits [DVD] review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
Blink-182: Greatest Hits [DVD]

Obviously the songs on this album are good because its a greatest hits DVD so this DVD is brilliant. Blink have changed a lot since they started and it is really clear as you can see from the funny videos to more serious videos. Their early videos I think are hilarious, they rip off all pop songs, but later ones get messages through to the public, they sing about divorce and how it destroys kids. So the videos are very good on this DVD!

Content — 8
All this DVD has is their best videos so it's not a lot but it is still entertaining. The list of songs is from the their second album Dude Ranch and video Dammit but then moves on to their multi-platinum selling album Enema Of The State then to Take Off Your Pants And Jacket then the last album Blink 182 (self-entitled) with the last video Always. I am very satisfied with this DVD it was great to watch and would make a killer present. The only thing I can really critisize is that the videos are the only thing on the DVD.

Production Quality — 10
The videos were definitly shot well, the picture is very clean and effects have been used to make it look much more cool. Most of their videos are shot in more than one place and pictures are shown in some videos (Adam's Song). Effects are used to make the videos go with the music which is used alot and is very trendy. All in all the videos have been done to perfection.

Blink may not be the best band in the world but they still really rock. The best thing about this DVD is the fact that these videos are awsome and are loved by the public. I love Blink 182 and all their videos and honestly their is nothing I don't like on this DVD. I would definetly buy it again if I lost it or maybe I would buy another Blink 182 CD. Tom (guitarist) is starting a new band, Angels And Airwaves, which I think is gonna rock as hard as Blink did.

sithian476
    rseper182
    dontcallme_emo : i love blink but this dvd is crap. it doesn't have all their vids. the offspring dvd was way better
    ru a moron this video is only missing the m&m's video which few people know about and the rock show which was a low budget music vid where they jsut messed around so its only missing 2 but those 2 arent very importan
    rseper182
    rseper182 wrote: p.s. blink probably is never gonna get back together because in some of the a&a vid tom says that this isnt a side project its something he cant see himself doing still in 5 years
    whoops i made a typo tom said he could see himseld still doing the band in 5 years
    innerfirex
    Bored2death
    fender_man_tom wrote: i kant wiat untill APRIL tom's new cd comes out.....Angels And airwaves!!!!! not sure what day though.
    i didnt no it was comin out in april. cant wait 4 it. the adventure is a pretty awesome song
    Bored2death
    innerfirex wrote: I dont understand how so many people of the UG community love Blink, but then last thread I saw on My Chemical Romance had so many haters. They are both very popular bands, and very commercialized, but wheres the love for MCR?? Personally i like them both, but I'de have to say MCR's music is much more profound/creative.
    i agree that mcrs music is more creative. an example of this would be the part in im not okay where everything is quiet and gerard says hes okay
    Letterbomb11
    Actually, AVA comes out May 16. I think that blink WILL get back together (in maybe a year or 2). Tom wanted a break to be with his family. I think that after the AVA/Plus 44 hype goes down, there will likely be a new blink record
    guitar14
    hey you guys its ok they are starting a new band at least tom is its called angels and airwaves go to the website @ www.angelsandairwaves.com its really sweet
    genresrforposer
    plz tell me they come back..... and stop that damn depressing music from the last album. basically, wen they come back they need to bring back their earlier sound too. imo.
    fender_man_tom
    zoltan256
    blink182 rocks, theyre so funny in some videos rock show and whats my age again is are really good ones.
    sassamafras
    ya it is missing a couple videos...i think its missing the one for m+m's and their new one 'not now' but OH well
    guitardude1039
    sithian476 wrote: I don't get how either a "yay i love blink" or "boo blink sucks" have any use at all. They BOTH should get warnings. Anyways, I have yet to see this. I don't really get the concept of it, since like... if I wanted to see someone's video, I can just go on launch.com.
    lol, O YEA BLINK IS SEXY!! BEST BAND EVUR!! WOO THEY ROCK! thts more annoying than someone randomly flaming them..
    GRG-HLB-170
    blink rulez man.... but AVA is abit of a disappointment n im sad 2 say plus44 isnt nearly as gd either... i miss blink!!! =(
    whotheledbeatle
    AVA is horrible, "The Adventure" is their only decent song, (+44) on the other hand totally rocks, love em'
    Arbuckle182
    Plus 44 is doing covers of BLink songs now but its still not blink, blink is ****ing awesome
    lovelikerain
    x-boy blink 182 did brake up the drummer and bass player started another band named plus 44 and the lead singer started a band called angels and airwaves there ok but suck compared to blink. I just about cry knowing that i can never see them in show, i mean there unbelievable theere drummer is off the chain good and there guitar is so unique, there style of music (and looks) are smokin' all in all there insane!!!!
    gimpyetiPirate
    I do, and will always love Blink 182, though I've never been to one of their concerts =\ I Love (just about) every single one of their songe
    dobby240
    i got dis cd i like adams song i can play da 1st bit perfect (not braggin) but thanks to ULTIMATE GUITAR i can do this thanx peeple
    X-Boy
    thecone74
    I'm really starting to miss Blink 182. I can honestly say they're one of the bands who inspired me to start playing the guitar (this was about 2001). I thought to myself, that isn't hard, they're just strumming the strings in time with the music, yet THEY ROCK! I guess it is wishful thinking to believe they'll get back together, but I hope in like, a few years, they will release a comeback. But I doubt they will release anything anytime soon. It's sad.
    blacksamba
    yeah. ya reckon toms new band will put a complete stop to any hope there is of em gettin back together?
    Oskarkina92
    BLINK 182 are the best man I hope they will get back cuz their music rules I hope they comeback after angels and airwaves reales their first album.
    alex_182ava
    I Have 2 Angels and Airwaves Songs The Adventure and Good day And They blow up through the roof .They rock . The problem if blink got back together what would Mark Tom And Travis do with their new bands Just Ditch them . BLINK-182 ROCKS MY SOCKS
    dontcallme_emo
    i_am_iron_man09
    hmmm, i will admit that blink might have been the only truly talented punk band. but i still didn't really care for them.
    wellthen
    Blink 182 is awesome they are my favorite band by far they were great song writers by writing easy but catchy hooks with hilarious lyrics but i do believe it is over but tom and mark still own atticus together so there is always a chance of them reconciling.
    Benny_J_9
    blink will never get back together because not only is angels and airwaves debuting soon, but plus 44 (mark and travis' band) will come out too...things are lookn pretty bad for blink 182, especially considerin the band broke up after fighting, so theyre not on good terms
    ST. DIZZY!
    X-Boy wrote: oh man i miss them.....are they planning to come back cause last time i heard they broke up ??
    Yeah dude they did break up and it sucks sooooo bad they were the best band ever and AVA is gonna rock!!!!!
    screen21
    I miss blink so much I almost cried when I found out they broke up. I cried when I saw the video re-tro-spect or whatever it's called on their website!! I miss them!! I want them back!!!
    shovel
    tom and mark are rumoured to be talking again. Seriously though how amazing is that.
    Crimson Heads
    They'll not do blink again in the near future cos Mark and Trav are working on Plus 44 with Carol Heller, and Tom is doing the whole Angels And Airwaves thing. Even if they do get back together they'll still be doin there own thing aswell. I miss blink so much... P.s is there anyone else out there who would like a new Box Car Racer album or is it just me?
    seljer
    People who pointlessly flame Blink 182 in here WILL get warnings.
    Surrylic
    Blink is alright, but aren't we suppose to be commenting on the review? I think it's a crap review. Hurt my head to read it. Is this kid like 13?
    John_was_here
    Blink rule... I just heard a killer 45 (record) I got it off this cool music site. The album was called Lemmings and it was there first album... It's so different from anything I've ever heard before from Blink 182. Tom sounds almost nothing like he does now(though you an tell it's him because of his distinctive voice) and It has Scott as the drummer. Seriously check it out on the web... anyways definitely gonna buy the dvd.
    Broken-pick
    blink is kinda nice...mark and tom are...pretty?lol....but Travis kicks ass!!!! i want travis to play for my band!
    XXGitarpunkXX
    Blink 182 is what got me into guitar. I still like them after going through a long heavy metal phase.
    stradivari310
    I miss blink, but +44 stands a chance of being as good soemday. AVA.. on the other hand... Tom thinks he's freaking Jesus/Bono even though his songs are complete crap.