Greatest Hits [DVD] review by Blink-182

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Blink-182: Greatest Hits [DVD]

The music on the DVD is all taken from the blink-182 Greatest Hits cd, so the sound is great, and the music is... great. All the videos are well directed and well put together, that it almost looks like they are playing them live. The earlier videos are almost like movies themselves, keeping you entertained by telling a story, that helps the people that aren't smart interpreters understand the songs. These are music videos so the songs are edited... sorry... no swearing.

Content — 9
This DVD is a best of collection, including every music video... except for two. Okay three if you count the alternate version of Stay Together for the Kids and that's the one I remember seeing on MTV when that song was a single. Okay four if you count Anthem Pt. 2 (live in Chicago) which might've been released as a single, but was not on the greatest hits cd. I was very satisfied of the content, although there are no special features.

Production Quality — 10
Like I said before, these videos are very well put together. Almost looking like they are playing the songs live. They also have shot most of the videos to look like your watching a video of what's happening in the song. Yes, I know, you're saying "most videos are shot like that", but these ones are not like most videos, these videos have Blink-humor (dirty jokes).

This DVD is great. There is nothing SUPER special about this DVD, but it's still a great buy. All the videos are very-well put together, and this DVD includes all of my favorite Blink songs. The down side, it is missing "M&M's" and "Not Now", which are singles and had official videos made for the songs, also, there should've been at least some type of biography or clips of them playing a show, kinda making it like the Urethra Chronicals. If I lost this, I would defiantly buy it again. I gotta have my blink!

newageweirdo
    if youve ever heard MCR play metal youd know they make music for money thats why they are shit...they switch to whatever it is they do now so they can make money and ended up ****ing themselves..each new album it a disappointment to there fans...blink 182 on the other hand..you have to have some skill to make a song of curse words and still make it sound good..yes there songs are simple guitar wise but they seem to rock those power chords like no tomorrow
    DiveRightIn63
    blinks_not_dead wrote: innerfirex wrote: I dont understand how so many people of the UG community love Blink, but then last thread I saw on My Chemical Romance had so many haters. They are both very popular bands, and very commercialized, but wheres the love for MCR?? Personally i like them both, but I'de have to say MCR's music is much more profound/creative. lol mate blink 182 has been around a hell of a lot longer than MCR. it takes years to gain respect in the music industry. MCR is a great band but they have got a long way to go before they are even a touch on blink. as for blink's music not being as creative as MCR's, you've clearly not listened to all blink's work, or you just don't understand it. They put their heart and sould into every lyric, every chord, every note of every song (except of course the joke songs lol).
    sometimes they put more into the joke songs
    Deathlock257
    Minderbinder wrote: Blink 182 greatest hits? No thanks, I have plenty of blank Cds already
    Looks like we have a Justin Bieber fan in here =]
    Deathlock257
    Benny_J_9 wrote: blink will never get back together because not only is angels and airwaves debuting soon, but plus 44 (mark and travis' band) will come out too...things are lookn pretty bad for blink 182, especially considerin the band broke up after fighting, so theyre not on good terms
    This comment was made in 2006. And now look. They are back together =P mwhaha.
    keefe122
    HAHA well who's back now?
    robt18 wrote: I miss blink... but they could never come back together. We all know what Tom's been doing and how he feels like he's the centre of the universe now, and I just wouldn't want to see it. They should record a bunch of new stuff and say it was 'previously unreleased tracks'.
    zombie_monster
    adamdrulz wrote: welcome to 2008 no one cares about blink 182 anymore even though they are better than new green day, MCR, AFI, or any other of the shitty band that are taking their place on the radio
    Wow, if you would have taken out the "shitty" in the post, it would have almost been valid. Stop being a dick. And what's up with the review? Did a 12 year old find UG a little too early in life?
    adamdrulz
    AVIDFANOFSOUNDS
    Because MCR are just a bunch of wanna be emo loser kids whereas blink just did there own funny thing like family reunion. its respectable to make a song where every word is a swear word
    Nick-182
    dude, blink-182 are one of my favourite bands, but theres no need to be gay about it.
    josh_hobson
    Bored2death wrote: innerfirex wrote: I dont understand how so many people of the UG community love Blink, but then last thread I saw on My Chemical Romance had so many haters. They are both very popular bands, and very commercialized, but wheres the love for MCR?? Personally i like them both, but I'de have to say MCR's music is much more profound/creative. i agree that mcrs music is more creative. an example of this would be the part in im not okay where everything is quiet and gerard says hes okay
    wow uh shut the **** up
    blinks_not_dead
    Fender_For_Life
    inferi596 wrote: this is a bit of old news but blink was good stuff. a&a's a joke (no idea how they got big) and +44's nothin special.
    Just because you don't their music, it doesn't mean they're 'a joke'. No matter how simple the music is, it is brilliant.
    inferi596
    robt18
    firsttoknow
    speak for yourself, loser. a lot of people including me still love blink. everybody hating on blink, angels & airwaves or any other band are closed minded dooneys. and im a 17 year old dude, 12 year olds girls arn't the only ones who can appreciate music that isnt classic rock or metal...have your opinions but stop hating, ****ing lowlifes...
    firsttoknow