Greatest Hits [DVD] Review

8.1
 8.5
 7.6
Greatest Hits [DVD] Reviewed by: ST. DIZZY!, on march 14, 2006

Sound: Obviously the songs on this album are good because its a greatest hits DVD so this DVD is brilliant. Blink have changed a lot since they started and it is really clear as you can see from the funny videos to more serious videos. Their early videos I think are hilarious, they rip off all pop songs, but later ones get messages through to the public, they sing about divorce and how it destroys kids. So the videos are very good on this DVD! // 10

Overall Impression: Blink may not be the best band in the world but they still really rock. The best thing about this DVD is the fact that these videos are awsome and are loved by the public. I love Blink 182 and all their videos and honestly their is nothing I don't like on this DVD. I would definetly buy it again if I lost it or maybe I would buy another Blink 182 CD. Tom (guitarist) is starting a new band, Angels And Airwaves, which I think is gonna rock as hard as Blink did. // 10

Greatest Hits [DVD] Reviewed by: orgasmickey, on december 03, 2007

Sound: If it were 5-10 years ago, this would be right up my alley. Although popular and fun, the band were hardly innovative and there's nothing much to see here besides what you've probably already seen on MTV. The sound quality itself is basically CD quality or perhaps slightly better at 48kHz 16bits 2channels. Which is fair enough. // 7

Overall Impression: While it is nice to have some high quality Blink 182 music videos on my shelf, I probably would not buy this DVD again if it were lost. I have in my collection the previously mentioned Urethra Chronicles 1 and 2 which features many of the same videos except those from the Self Titled era. I'd recommend tracking down the Urethra Chronicles if you want some real content, as this set lasts a mere 40 minutes with no bonus features. I was pretty unimpressed with this DVD, as I am with most 'Greatest Hits' style releases. They seam to me like quick and easy contract breakers designed to make some cash and I guess I fell for it. You should only buy this if you find it for really cheap and you want to complete a collection, or you want the four videos from 2003's self titled album. // 5

Greatest Hits [DVD] Reviewed by: TSOMHSP, on may 01, 2008

Sound: The music on the DVD is all taken from the blink-182 Greatest Hits cd, so the sound is great, and the music is... great. All the videos are well directed and well put together, that it almost looks like they are playing them live. The earlier videos are almost like movies themselves, keeping you entertained by telling a story, that helps the people that aren't smart interpreters understand the songs. These are music videos so the songs are edited... sorry... no swearing. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is great. There is nothing SUPER special about this DVD, but it's still a great buy. All the videos are very-well put together, and this DVD includes all of my favorite Blink songs. The down side, it is missing "M&M's" and "Not Now", which are singles and had official videos made for the songs, also, there should've been at least some type of biography or clips of them playing a show, kinda making it like the Urethra Chronicals. If I lost this, I would defiantly buy it again. I gotta have my blink! // 10

Comments