Neighborhoods review by Blink-182

• Released: Sep 27, 2011
Blink-182: Neighborhoods

I am a big Blink-182 fan, and hearing Mark, Tom, and Travis coming back together to make a new album, I was excited to say the least. The new CD, not being produced by Jerry Finn who has been with the group a long time, has a great sound to it. Mark definitely did a good job, though Tom's guitar tone is some songs sounds a little weak but just a small gripe for an amazing album. Its taking Blink's self-titled and mixing it with the best of +44, Boxcar Racer, Angels & Airwaves, creating a new style, but still definitely Blink.

Lyrically, this CD is incredible. A bit on the dark side, considering all that has happened to the group within the last few years. Songs that stand out lyrically to me are "Snake Charmer", "Up All Night", and "Wishing Well" will get in your head and never leave. Like their album before, each song is very well written and shows off how far they have come from their old style of toilet humor.

If you want to hear an album from "old" Blink, this is not for you. If you want to appreciate how far these guys have come and to hear a great album, then your wait is over. "Neighborhoods" is probably my favorite album behind their self-titled, and it deserves it. Go buy it, no questions, just do it.