Take Off Your Pants and Jacket review by Blink-182

• Released: Jun 11, 2001
Blink-182: Take Off Your Pants and Jacket

This CD pretty much marks Blink 182's change from punk to pop. However, change can be good sometimes and this is one of those times. T.O.Y.P.A.J is an excellent album with plenty of funny songs (Happy Holidays, Story Of A Lonely Guy, and Give Me One Good Reason), meaningful songs (Anthem Part Two and Stay Together For The Kids), and just plain catchy songs (First Date and The Rock Show). I personly believe this is their third best album yet. Everybody has something to like on this album. However, many will argue that blink's sound was better before. Unfortunately, I am one of those people, so I'll have to give it an 8.

Lyrics have never been a strong point in Blink 182's music. Many of their songs are full of stupid and absolutely meaningless words. Although certain songs have been spectacular in this department (Adam's Song, I'm Sorry, and Anthem), the majority is the above. That is why I welcome this change to much better lyrics. Songs like Stay Together For The Kids and Anthem Part Two have excellent lyrics filled with compasion and emotion. However certain songs like Happy Holidays and Give Me One Good Reason bump down the standard. This leaves me to put a 9.

Like I said before, this is not blink's best album but it is still a great album. If I lost this album, I would definetly buy it again. The only thing I hate about it is the language. Can't they find a better word to use than the F-word?

IGotThePower!
    i like this album, but i love all blink stuff and i cant decide which album i like most! Some of the tracks are up there with the best though. Its a great album and the change is a great things for them!!!