Take Off Your Pants and Jacket review by Blink-182

• Released: Jun 11, 2001
Blink-182: Take Off Your Pants and Jacket

First of all, I remember this on my uncle's CD library back when I was a little kid, probably since it was out. The cover really brought up my attention and I read ''Blink 182'' and didn't know those were the guys that played that awesome song All The Small Things. I love the album title, just because of it's connotation, Take off your pants and Jacket, doesn't necessarly mean the leather jacket, LOL. This is the top of Blink's carrer with Enemma of The State. This was a transition between the old fun pop punk blink and the serious blink, but this is not boring for sure (have you ever seen the videos of first date or the rock show, they are funny). Some of the songs are the perfect mix between pop and punk, others are cool ballads.

If anyone made lyrics like these guys, they'd be rick and famous. That's all I have to say about the lyrics, examples are First Date and Story of a Lonely Guy. The music fit's pretty well together, First Date was the best song by Blink musically before I Miss You came. There are other impressive ones, like Stay Together for The Kids. These guys can make really pleasent harmonies when they double vocal each other, Mark is almost a god and Tom is a really good studio singer (and was a good live singer until 2005, his vocals in the 2009 reunion suck).

This was the golden era of pop punk, these were really good times, like you as an 8 year old in elementary school and seeing the 12th grade guys playing blink songs... this brings me way too much good memories. It is one of the best albums of the decade, top 5. Stay Together for the Kids, Reckless Abandon and Roller Coaster are impressive, but nothing like First Date. Sincerly, I don't hate anything about it. If it was stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again, cause I love the variety in life and perhaps I'd buy their new record.