The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Review

artist: Blink-182 date: 06/06/2005 category: compact discs
Blink-182: The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!)
Released: Nov 7, 2000
Genre: Pop Punk
Label: MCA
"The Mark, Tom And Travis Show: The Enema Strikes Back" is a live album by the pop punk band Blink-182.
 Lyrics: 8.4
 9.2
 9.3
The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2005

Sound: This is the best sounding live shows that Blink ever did, and this is probably because the actually tried this time. This live CD highlights the glory days of Blink 182, before their wannabe emo self title. Now, Tom's vocals and improvisational phrases are amazing, better than any album recording he's done. Mark can never be bad, so I'm not gonna comment on him. Travis doesn't talk much inbetween songs, but his drums are pretty hot. I've made the transition to indie rock and experimental, but I still have fun listening to this album. This is the Blink 182 everyone knows and loves, good if you're a fan and a good intro into Blink music if you aren't.
The guitar riffs are easy, sound good and fun to play along with. Power chord rock is out, but i like it. The bass and drums are where the talent is.

1)Dumpweed: A perfect intoduction to the CD. Basic Blink, nothing fancy, nothing stupid. Just fun to listen to. 5/5

2) Don't Leave Me: A song about Mark's herpes. Definetly not the best song on the album, good lyrics but lacking in guitar. More bassish than most of their songs. 4/5

3)Aliens Exist: One of their funnier songs, and the improv on the lyrics is great. Better than the album version because of Tom, repetitive, but then again so is every song. Some of the more fun guitar to play. 4.5/5

4)Family Reunion: An album exclusive, stupid, childish, hilarious. Not worthy of a rating only because its about 15 seconds.

5)Going Away to College: Probably the best song on the first half of the album. Marks vocals are flawless, and the harmonies are pretty good. Good guitar and bass and drums. Not anything bad to say about it. 5/5

6)Whats My Age Again?: Best bass, decent guitar and again a funny childish anthem. One of Blinks most popular songs, reminds me that Mark might be 30-something but he can still write like he's 16. 4/5

7)Dick Lips: Just not one of my favorite Blink songs. This live recording is better than the album version, but the album version was horrible. Good chorus, but thats its only redeeming quality. 2.5/50

8)Blow Job: Again, a childish album exclusive that I first listened to in third grade. I sang it around my brother and he said shut up. Havent sung it since. 4/5

9)Untitled: This song is boring at the begining, but gets progressivly better. Better guitar and bass than most songs. Changes of pace are rare in a Blink song, so its good. 4/5

10)Voyeur:Nothing real special, average Tom song. Decent lyrics. 3/5

11)Pathetic: My second favorite song on this album, and this live version is AMAZING! Blink 182's second best song ever! Great guitar, lyrics and drums. 5/5

12)Adam's Song: A change of pace from the whole album, Enema of the State's Stay Together for the Kids. Its an okay song, but really depressing. More of a Mark song, really good drums. 3/5

13)Peggy Sue: Another average Blink song. A fun song, not my type. 2/5

14)Wendy Clear: The best song on this CD. Not the best Blink song, but live they did an amazing job. Sick guitar and bass riffs. Simple, pop-punk! 5/5

15)Carousel: Good at the begining, and the actual song is pretty good. It doesnt stand out at me, but when i listen to the album I remember how good it is. 4.5/5

16)All the Small Things: When I get past how popular it became, this songs pretty good. Lacking in some of the "live" quality the other songs have, its still pretty good. Corny lyrics. 3.5/5

17)Mutt: The catchiest lyrics ever! Good guitar and bass, I'm lovin it from American Pie. Best lyrics and the opening riff is signature Blink. 5/5

18)The Country Song: An album exclusive, not that good. Not talent to play it but really funny. NOt worthy of a rating.

19)Dammit: The last live song on the album. A good conclusion to a GREAT album. A good mix of Mark style lyrics, with Tom style music. 4.5/5

20) Man Overboard: The studio version, but a good bonus track. It completes the album. Good idea to put it on there anyways. 4/5

There's random sound bytes at the end. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are nothing special, either corny, funny, or depressing. There are a few good songs with good lyrics. This album doesnt thrive on the lyrics of the songs, but the fun sound. Also the comedy inbetween songs is pretty funny too. Very rude humor! // 6

Overall Impression: This is Blink 182's best album (with the exception of Dude Ranch). It includes their best songs, with their best effort. This makes for an enjoyable experience for the listener. This is a great introduction to Blink 182's style and perverted sense of humor. If I lost this album, I would buy another one right away. The only downfall of this album, is that its missing Waggy and A New Hope (two of the better songs from Dude Ranch). // 10

The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 02, 2005

Sound: The sound on this album is amazing. I have always been a huge fan of Blink 182 and have been to many of their concerts and they always screw up. They either forget lyrics or mess up on guitar. But this album is perfect. The only thing I don't like is the feedback on Dammit, one of the best songs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are from Chesire Cat, Dude Ranch, and Enema Of The State. All of these albums have great lyrics. They did make a few minor changes in some songs but it just adds humor. The talking in between is hillarious. My favorite lyrics are from man overboard. // 10

Overall Impression: This is my favorite Blink 182 CDs. Compared to all other Blink 182 cds and even concerts, this CD kicks thir ass. My favorite songs on this album are family reunion, Dumpweed, Dammit, Going Away To College, Whats My Age Again, Man Overboard, Peggy Sue, and All The Small Things. // 10

The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 25, 2004

Sound: This is the best live album I have ever heard! Everything is clearly understandable, just like on a studio album...the quality is excellent. Tom and Mark's voices sound perfect. Definitely a 5! // 10

Lyrics: Awesome, awesome lyrics...plus they have 29 tracks of jokes at the end! I couldn't think most of this stuff up in my entire life, that's how good it is. These guys never cease to amaze my with their lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a must have for any Blink fan...but unfortunately it's out of print. You might be able to find one on ebay for about 30 bucks, if you're lucky. All of the songs on here are great so I'm not gonna pick any specific ones as favorites...if I lost this CD I would be so pissed, but I would buy another copy. // 10

The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: blink182rocksc, on june 30, 2004

Sound: Blink 182 has come out with quite a few cd's but I think this cd is there best becuase it has some of the best songs from previous albums plus and extra song (Man Overboard) its a great song. And just adds to how great the cd is. If you only buy one cd this year I recomend this one. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics sometimes are immature and just funny and fun to listen to. The singer does a very good job except if you don't like kind of whiny kind of singing it's not for you. // 6

Overall Impression: This album doesn't compare to any other. The song I think is the best on this album is Man Overboard. What I love about the album is it has some of the best songs Blink 182 has done on previous albums but a down side is if you only get this cd you won't hear all of Blink 182's songs. If it were stolen I would deffently buy it again. It's way worth buying, it's really good. // 8

The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 16, 2004

Sound: The sound on this album was pretty good. Although some of thier earlier stuff (ex. Enema Of The State, Dude Ranch) had tons of cooler guitar riffs. But in songs like Online songs, and First Date they have plenty of awesome bass riffs. And of course the drumming is superb. I'd like to see someone pull off the intro solo in First Date! But overall it isnt the best, but not thier worst. // 8

Lyrics: Since songs like Dammit, Whats My Age again? and The Party Song, they have definately mattured. After the success with Adams Song, they yet again have an emotional song, Stay Together For The Kids. They have some rebelious songs (Anthem Pt 2) and they have some catchy lines that just get stick in your head. Overall, they're slowly maturing although not comparing to Adams Song. // 10

Overall Impression: This is an aweomse album. I bought it because I liked First Date. But htere are also good songs like, Anthem Part 2, Online Songs, Story Of A Lonely Guy, Stay Together For The Kids, Rock Show, and Reckless Abandoned. This is a good album, but if your lookign to buy your first Blink album, pick up Enema Of The State first. // 8

The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: ILikeBlink, on may 26, 2004

Sound: I love the sound on this album. Every single song is greatly improved from the studio version. The sound is very clear for a live album. I like the way they make subtle changes to the songs in the live versions. The bass sounds great, and the guitar sounds as good as ever. // 10

Lyrics: Ok, understand that I love Blink. But they just are too profane. All the stuff they say between songs is just gross. The Satan crap was dumb and not funny at all. I also don't like the way they throw extra curse words into the live versions of the songs. The original joke songs "Family Reunion", "Blow Job", and "The Country Song" are just stupid and unnecessary. I don't play this CD when my parents are around. However, Mark and Tom sing much better on the live album, particularly on the songs from Dude Ranch. I'm convinced Tom didn't learn how to sing until Enema of the State. He's gotten much less nasal and whiny, and it sounds better. // 6

Overall Impression: I like this album pretty well. I think Blink 182 sounds better live, and would like to see them perform someday. I would like to see them make a new live album, featuring songs from Take Off Your Pants and Jacket and Blink 182. I liked the song selection; they pretty much covered everything from Enema and the best stuff from Dude Ranch. I would have taken "The Party Song" instead of "The Country Song", but they didn't ask me. The original studio song, "Man Overboard", was excellent, and a precursor to their later stuff, like "Stay Together for the Kids" and the Blink 182 album. A pretty good album, all in all, if we could just get those guys to tone down their profanity. // 8

The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 13, 2004

Sound: I think on this album they tryed really hard to play every thing right, where as on most of there live performances they dont play it that well, I think they played it perfect, they had the perfect equipment, everything, I give them a 5! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were perfect, just like the regular songs, there was a couple changes, not permanent, just like messing around. It all goes together. The singing skills, well lets just say that Tom and Mark are the best singers that I know, they have beautiful voices, I'm not gay, but they are just perfect. I give them a 5! // 10

Overall Impression: The album was different as in it was live, not a problem, and then they talked and told jokes, so its very good entertainment! I think the most impressive songs are Dammit, All The Small Things, Whats My Age Again, well all of them are good. I love everything about it, except when they start talking about sex and dog semen, its just kinda gross. If it was stolen I would for sure by it again. It may be $50.00 on eBay, but who cares, its completely worth it. I give it a 5! // 10

The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: doeboy182, on january 05, 2006

Sound: I love the fact the you are hearing them live. And you can tell it is live. The sound is well miked and picked up from the stage. The music is great. I also love how Travis changed some of his drum beats for some songs. And I like the fact that they made the songs faster. It gave it more of a energetic feel. // 10

Lyrics: Mark's and Tom's vocals were good. They were clear and you could here them pretty cleen too. Together with the music it sounded great. And also the things they say in between songs were funny. Mark and Tom are geat singers. When it comes to songs they sitck on key. They don't really leave that key that much but that is okay. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a great CD. I think any and every Blink fan should get it. They made new songs for the concert and they played there original ones. And the swearing and profanity is great. But the best thing about the whole concert was satin. // 10

The Mark, Tom And Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!) Reviewed by: TSOMHSP, on april 28, 2008

Sound: The sound was fantastic. This CD was record live and when you hear a live CD you expect to hear the crowd roar, and every once and a while you can, but that doesn't take away anything from the quality of the sounds of the songs. The songs are from their CDs Enema Of The State, Dude Ranch, and Cheshire Cat, but are way better when they are played live. Blink 182 is a great live band, not only do they have great sound but they can entertain the audience with more than just their music. If you like immature, sex, drugs, dick, masturbation jokes then this is the CD for you. And I can quote this from the CD "Why do all our jokes have to be about sex, drugs, masturbation, incest and things like that? Because there's nothing else to talk about." If you have a mind this, then you would love this CD. // 9

Lyrics: The singers, Mark Hoppus and Tom DeLonge, clash so well together. Even when they aren't singing and they're joking around between songs you can tell that these two have been best friends for a while, and they have the same sense of humor. Sometimes I listen to the CD just to hear the jokes in between the songs. For a live album, blink did a great job with the vocals, there are a few mess ups and a few parts where you can't understand what they're saying, but that just gives you more of a feel of like being at the show itself. // 9

Overall Impression: This is my favorite Blink 182 CD. It's the first one I heard by blink and it made me buy almost every album they've sold. The most impressive song on the CD would have to be Dammit because, not many people knew who this band was before their CD Enema of the State, and to take a song like Dammit, the big single from their first professionally recorded album, and play it with the speed, qaulity and energy they did, you'll have people coming to your show for years. I personally stored this CD on my computer and every time a CD get overused and scartched up I just burn another copy. I love this CD, it's amazing what a band can do. // 9

Comments