Deep Inside The Sound Of Sadness Review

artist: Blink date: 06/29/2005 category: compact discs
Blink: Deep Inside The Sound Of Sadness
Released: Oct 1, 2004
Genre: Rock
This album shows that Blink still know how to rock and aren't ready to give up on the prospect of superstardom just yet.
 4.2
 8.3
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Deep Inside The Sound Of Sadness Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 23, 2005

Sound: I really hadn't a clue what this band was like when I was buying the cd. But when I listened to it I was blown away. The music is brilliant. It was produced by Howie Beno (Ministry, NIN, RHCP) and the sound quality is great. Only being ten tracks long was a dissapointment. The bass is a very strong point. // 8

Lyrics: To be honest the lyrics are very average. Nothing particularly stands out apart from the track 'Don't You Rollerblade In Nashville Tenesse?' Some songs have the odd cringe worthy line though. The singer is very impressive as is the backing singer. // 6

Overall Impression: This part-time Irish band are really very good and deserve a lot more media attention. Stand out tracks include Tiny Magic Indian, To Go, Snow White has let you down again, Don't You Rollerblade In Nashville Tenesse?, Just Come Out and Temperature Rising. Surely a band to look out for in the future. // 8

Deep Inside The Sound Of Sadness Reviewed by: M. Moloney, on june 29, 2005

Sound: This Irish band have been going for some years and this is by far their best album. It was written while they were touring America. The Bass is a real strongpoint on this album. For fans of Modest Mouse I would recommend this band. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrically their good on most tracks but one or two let them down in this category. The lyrics have alot to do with being away from home and missing people. // 8

Overall Impression: A really good solid album. This band deserve a hell of alot more media attention. Stand out tracks are: 'To Go', 'Tiny Magic Indian', 'Don't You Rollerblade In Nashville Tenesse?', 'Catwoman', 'Snow White Has Let You Down Again'. Love this album, one of my new favourite bands, pity it's only ten tracks! // 10

Comments