Silent Alarm review by Bloc Party

• Released: Mar 14, 2005
Bloc Party: Silent Alarm

I'll just do a track-by-track review: 01. Like Eating Glass - 8/10, it starts off slow, but it builds up and the song is great to start the album off with. 02. Helicopter - 9/10, the beginning captures you and makes you want more. This song deserves to be played loud. 03. Positive Tension - 9/10, I love the bass line in this song. 04. Banquet - 9/10, this song is so catchy its irrisistible. 05. Blue Light - 10/10, when I first heard this song I couldn't stop listening to it for the next hour or so. It's so beautiful. 06. She's Hearing Voices - 9/10, I didn't like this song at first, but it grew on me and now I love it. 07. This Modern Love - 9/10, I love this song. It's as simple as that. 08. Pioneers Infinity - 10/10, this song is probably my favorite on the CD. I can't get enough of it nor can I find words great enough to describe it. The ending of the song gets you so pumped up. 09. Price Of Gas - 9/10, I didn't like this song the first few times I heard it, but the more I heard it the more I liked it. It's quite political if you hadn't already noticed from the title. 10. Little Thoughts - 9/10, it's really catchy and it's great! 11. So Here We Are - 9/10, one of my favorites on the CD, it's a beautiful song. 12. Luno - 9/10, it's such a refreshing song and the sound of it is flawless. 13. Plans - 9/10, I love it. 14. Compliments - 9/10, it's a great song to end the CD with. I think the sound throughout the whole album is flawless and I wouldn't have changed a thing about it.

They are lyrical geniuses!

This album is definetly my favorite of the whole year so far and will most likely be my favorite of the year. "Pioneers" is my favorite song on the whole CD and if that song doesn't catch your attention, then the other songs will. All the songs on the cd could be singles. I saw Bloc Party in early June this year, and they were amazing. During "Positive Tension," Kele, the vocalist, changed the lyrics from "So f--ing useless" to "What the f--k is going on in here?" and some guy up front yelled that they had sung the wrong lyrics, so the whole band stopped playing in the middle of the song and agreed to play the song over again just for that guy. This band is great live and if someone stole the CD from me because of it's greatness, I would definetly buy it again. I took it out of my CD player for the first time in two months the other day and put it back in the next day. I can't wait for the remix album and their next album.