Silent Alarm review by Bloc Party

• Released: Mar 14, 2005
Bloc Party: Silent Alarm

Amazing! They're in a league of their own. The depth to each song still stuns me everytime I listen to it. Songs like Banquet, Pioneers, Blue Light and So Her We Are are the songs that make you think. Like Eating Glass, Helicopter, Positive Tension, She's Hearing Voices, Price Of Gas and Luno are songs that are really fast. Russel Lissack (guitarist) has a sound of his own. The guitar is what gives Bloc Party that special sound. The bass as well is amazing, Gordon Moakes (bassist) is really talented. The drums are the icing on the cake. The way Matt Tong (drummer) plays is so different and quality. Bloc Party's sound is brilliant because it is so different.

Kele Okereke (singer & guitarist) voice is fantastic. His strong English accent somehow makes his voice brilliant. The lyrics to each and every song tell a story, especially So Here We Are. He is one of the greatest singer/songwriter I have ever heard.

This is one of my favourite albums. I love everyting about this album. There isn't a single thing I'd like to change about this album. So Here We Are is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard, even my nan likes it! I would buy this album twice 'cause I think it is worth double the money it actually is. I strongly recommend this album to anyone who loves music.