Silent Alarm Remixed Review

artist: Bloc Party date: 05/15/2006 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Bloc Party: Silent Alarm Remixed
Release Date: Sep 13, 2005
Genres: Indie Rock, Indie Electronic
Label: Vice
As the sticker on the album's cover states, "Silent Alarm Remixed" is "a track-by-track reinvention of Bloc Party's stunning debut album by some of their favorite artists."
 7.6
 7.2
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Silent Alarm Remixed Reviewed by: crash_course, on may 15, 2006

Sound: I first asked for Silent Alarm for Christmas, but ended up getting the remix. I was a little disappointed but I popped it into my cd player and thought it wasn't too bad. The entire cd has been remixed by different DJ's and such. Their's Whitey, Mogwai, a Bloc Party Versus Death From Above 1979 remix, and several others and none of the types of remixes are repeated. I listened to the entire CD through its entirety many times and a few songs are a little like raveish. Others are totally different beats and rythym from the original. The sound still has a little of that indie feel that Bloc Party pushes out. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics of the songs are sometimes different from the original depending on who remixed the track. Other than that they are somewhat the same a little echo Kele's singing though. Kele still has the same vibe with the songs as usual and you can clearly understand what hes singing. // 8

Overall Impression: Depending on what type of music you like you mighjt hate or love this one. Tracks like 'Positive Tension' 'Price Of Gasoline' 'Shes Hearing Voices' and definitely 'Luno', a Death From Above 1979 remix, all stand out on the album. Its fast its slow and it's right in between. I the fast paced songs not so much on the slower ones but you get used to them. If it was stolen I'd ask a friend if I could borrow their copy, it's not the best, but its pretty good. // 8

More Bloc Party reviews rating latest review