Silent Alarm Remixed Review

Bloc Party: Silent Alarm Remixed
Release Date: Sep 13, 2005
Genres: Indie Rock, Indie Electronic
Label: Vice
As the sticker on the album's cover states, "Silent Alarm Remixed" is "a track-by-track reinvention of Bloc Party's stunning debut album by some of their favorite artists."
 7.6
 7.2
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Silent Alarm Remixed Reviewed by: crash_course, on may 15, 2006

Sound: I first asked for Silent Alarm for Christmas, but ended up getting the remix. I was a little disappointed but I popped it into my cd player and thought it wasn't too bad. The entire cd has been remixed by different DJ's and such. Their's Whitey, Mogwai, a Bloc Party Versus Death From Above 1979 remix, and several others and none of the types of remixes are repeated. I listened to the entire CD through its entirety many times and a few songs are a little like raveish. Others are totally different beats and rythym from the original. The sound still has a little of that indie feel that Bloc Party pushes out. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics of the songs are sometimes different from the original depending on who remixed the track. Other than that they are somewhat the same a little echo Kele's singing though. Kele still has the same vibe with the songs as usual and you can clearly understand what hes singing. // 8

Overall Impression: Depending on what type of music you like you mighjt hate or love this one. Tracks like 'Positive Tension' 'Price Of Gasoline' 'Shes Hearing Voices' and definitely 'Luno', a Death From Above 1979 remix, all stand out on the album. Its fast its slow and it's right in between. I the fast paced songs not so much on the slower ones but you get used to them. If it was stolen I'd ask a friend if I could borrow their copy, it's not the best, but its pretty good. // 8

Comments