Misery Is A Butterfly review by Blonde Redhead

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
Blonde Redhead: Misery Is A Butterfly

Well in this album everything is pretty slow but most songs are like way out (equus) etc. In the beginning (1993) there was four band members Kazu Makino (vocals), Maki Takahashi (bass), Simone Pace (guitar and vocals), Amedeo Pace (drums). The bands cathcy music caught the attention of Sonic Youths drummer Steve Shelly who produced the bands first album. Shortly after the release Maki left and the band continued as a trio.

The lyrics to this album have felling and are very touching, because she is mostly talking about sad stuff, and stuff the is repressing. The lyrics totally go allong with the music because it is perfect sync, everything is syncronized. Kazu is a japanese aritst, and Simone is and Italian twin w/Amedeo, and they are like the best singers (after Karen O).

No, Blonde Redhead is a totally unique band nothing else compares to them. The most impressive songs are Misery Is A Butterfly, Falling Man, Elephant Woman, Pink Love, but the whole album is great! I love the beat because it is catchy, and the are one of my faorite bands, this album is perfect. If I would lose it I would totally buy another one because the is no price on how this album can affect your life.

voodoochild23
    Hmm... I really like some of blonde redhead's music, hopefully they get a bit more recognition in the future for it.
    TaV0
    I'm quite a fan of this band, I really enjoy their stuff. I strongly recommend the song "falling man" out of this album, it's just awesome!