Crimes review by Blood Brothers

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
Blood Brothers: Crimes

Okay this is the The Blood Brother's 4th album, I consider it their 2nd, because their first two were the worst thing in the recent memory. This is the follow up to the critically aclaimed "Burn Piano Island Burn!" If you loved "BPIP" then you will most deffinately love this album. It is alot more slow paced and more electronic than "BPIP" but still amazing none the less. The story behind crimes is, each song depicts a crime of humanity give or take. Like in the song Devastator it depicts slavery in the 1800's. If you look really deep you can see the meaning behind each song, which makes listening to this a joy. The dual screaming is just simply amazing this time around, they have really upgraded their vocals this time around, they don't sound off key and sound more like singers this time around. The sound of this is very dark and very mysterious yet, powerful and extremely fast paced. Each song has it's own style so you will find something you like on this album, I promise.

The lyrics aren't as vague this time around, they are more clear cut, but still very very very amazing as for lyrics go. They are incredibly talented writers and can manage to make anything flow with amazing rhythme, half the lyrics don't rhyme and so off in syllable count that it makes one wonder how they pulled off such flow. The lyrics are amazing the singers are amazing.

This is the best album of this year, bar none. The songs are powerful, enigmatic, and sullen. The lyrics are more than amazing and the guitar work is superb, but what makes this stand out is the use of the electric piano and synth, that makes this album have a very modern feel and very dark. I love this album, period. If this were stolen, I would first kill how ever stole it, but only after congratulating them for stealing such an amazing album, I actually bought 2 copies of this, one for the car and one for the house. That's how amazing it is.