Crimes review by Blood Brothers

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
Blood Brothers: Crimes

Hum, and interesting question this. They have two singers. Both have fairly high pitch voices but one has a voice so high you often mistake it for a girl. I'd say the sound was kinda like a cross between the vocals of Sikth with the playing of Mars Volta (and other such bands).

Lyrics are the kind of lyrics where you can imagine they come up with them by each writting down a word on a piece of paper. Whacking it in a hat and drawing them out, then singing thme in the order they come out. In other words, pretentious but at the same town sound good. The music runs in parallel with the guitars and work well together. Overall they mix well.

Overall this band are good, very good, I am borowing another album of theirs of a friend at the moment and it is just as good. Though I can see them being for a select group, i. e. one of my friends got a headache trying to listen to the whole album. Most impresive are the ways in which they manage to mix their voices and incorperate what are fairly simple beats and chords to form a complex sounding, genuinely really enjoyable album.