Hefty Fine review by Bloodhound Gang

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Bloodhound Gang: Hefty Fine

Just to start this off, I would like to say where the hell have these guys been? They had a huge hit back in 2000 named "The Bad Touch," that did extremely well, and you always heard everybody singing it; it was always played on MuchMusic, and the song even made Much's compilation CD, Big Shiny Tunes 5. But I really have to admit that this CD's sound is 100 times better then the last one. The guitars and vocals are mcuh heavier, and it really has songs that you can tap your feet to and hum to continuously. This band has really improved, and I think the time they took off was a good idea, because they really made this album a winner. The songs are a mix or rap rock, pop rock, and pure hard rock, which is all great. I am sure this CD will get a lot of attention when it is released.

The lyrics are always a great thing to talk about when discussing The Bloodhound Gang. Just like the last record, most lyrics on the songs are all hilarious. The first single released titled 'Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo', is one big sex joke; I love the finishing line in it which is "Put the you-know-what, in the you-know=where, pronto," which is just another of the many sex jokes in that songs. There is also a song named 'Ralph Wiggum' (named after the famous Simpson's Character), where the lyrics for the song are made entirly out of phrases that Ralph Wiggum says, or has said to him in Simpson's episodes. I think it's brilliant how they fit in all the phrases, and made a great song at the same time. And when you think about me rating the lyrics 5 stars, you can think about this: Bloodhound Gang isn't all about writing moving, touching lyircs that make perfect sense. They write songs that are meant to make you laugh really hard, and they sure succeeded here. Hilarious.

I definitely have to say, that overall, this CD is much much better then any of their previous albums released. They sure have matured alot, and not in the lyric department, but in the music department, which is a great thing to accomplish. I think this is the best CD that has been released in September, and I know that the songs on this CD will definitely hit the air waves, since they are all great. Any song could really become a single. But if I was to choose 4 more singles, I would pick 'Balls Out', 'I'm The Least You Could Do', 'Pennsylvania', and 'No Hard Feelings'. All of these songs are absolutely fantastic, but I really have to say that the whole CD is. These are just the songs that stand out to me, and I'm sure they would to you too. I love everything about this cd, especially the short skit songs that are hilarious! Especially the Diarrhea song. This CD couldn't really be stolen from me but if I lost all of my music on my computer, I would definitely download it again! It's worth the space taken up!