Hooray for Boobies review by Bloodhound Gang

• Released: Oct 4, 1999
Bloodhound Gang: Hooray for Boobies

"My last girlfriend didn't like me But she might be most likely a dyke she just didn't excite me."           - "Three Point One Four", Bloodhound Gang The best way to describe these guys is to imagine what it would be like if Run DMC screwed Blink 182 and had a kid, and then the kid got the shit beatin' out of him by Eminem. Whatever combination that would create is probably what the world would call Bloodhound Gang. With their "Fire Water Burn" fame, they're back with "Hooray For Boobies." A collection of over-the-top super offensive yet oddly hilarious and talently-riffed songs that go straight to the stomach and start to cause mayhem. But can you get a good opinion of the album if I left you with that? - No! So let's expand on this album. If you're into hard metal crunching riffs and tunes, then you'd like this album. The first song "I Hope You Die" is a prime example of the distorted guitar work put into their songs. "The Ballad Of Chasey Lain," "Yummy Down On This," and "Along Comes Mary" are more metal versions of Blink songs. Of course, they're not Blink songs but they remind me of it. But let's say that lyrics are your thing. Sure, they got that. Probably more notable than the music itself. "I Hope You Die" sounds like the R rated version of some PG-13 shit that Blink 182 would come up with. The whole album is definately worth sitting down and listening to with a finely tuned ear for lyrics. You'll hear stuff that you never thought the FCC would allow. Song's like "Hell Yeah," which talks about what the singer would do if he were God. "A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When The Stripper Is Crying" says it all. The title alone makes you grimmace. And the worst part about it is that there is a whole song that touches on this subject. As bad as some of these songs are, like "A Lap Dance...", there is still something morbidly funny about it all. But let's assume for an instant that scratching and laying down phat beats is what you're looking for. They got you covered. "The Inevitable Return Of The Great White Dope" has some intense scratching and a beat to match. "Magna Cum Nada" keeps up too with the phat-ness. "Hooray for Boobies" is definately one of those albums that requires full attention and concentration. You can't just put it on shuffle with 4 other CDs and expect to enjoy it. It's too messed up as a whole. Snip-its like "Mama's Boy" where he calls his mother in search of a word that rhymes with 'vagina' ("like box or pussy or cunt!"). And "That Cough Came With A Prize," it's :15 seconds of a guy coughing. Either genius or insanity. I'm not sure. But the album is worth listening too. If you're not offended by the end, you'll at least remember something that rubbed you a little wrong.