Red Harvest review by bloodsimple

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
bloodsimple: Red Harvest

This album is one of those weird enigmas we have ALL experienced. You get an album because one song on it is so great (in this case, Dead Man Walking), and just guess what the rest are-boring, uneventful and bad. The aforementioned Dead Man Walking his pretty cool heavy metal, not ground-breaking, but cool. The rest are so weak I could barely catagorize them as "rock". It saddens me a little, it had potential.

In the one song I like, I can't say that the lyrics I payed attention to were very fancy, mostly just about killing. The vocals are just low-grade screaming, but it passes in my opinion. The other songs have similar vocals to this one, so yeah. They work very well with the subject matter, and it flows nicely. It is comparable to a low-grade Corey Taylor of Slipknot.

Overall, this isn't a very impressive album. It's so "bargain-bin" it's repulsive. The one song I liked, Dead Man Walking, is just worth buying on iTunes since this album is so weak. This kind of stuff happens all the time, but I can hate it because I still like ONE song, so that's about it. Buy that one song, but leave the rest unpurchased.

GovikA
    me, personally, really enjoyed (and still enjoy) the album as a whole. some songs are okay, but my favorites are "dead man walking", "death from above", "whiskey bent and hellbound[hellmyr]", "truth[thicker than water]", and "numina infuscata". tell me im crazy or have no taste in music, but music is what you make it out to be. if YOU think its good music, then listen to it. If you like Bloodsimple, then listen to Bloodsimple. If you think it sounds too much like someother band and it bothers you, then don't listen. I'm not commanding anyone here, i'm just giving my opinon about how music should be listened to. I commend everyone who wrote a review and a comment. i find it fascinating that this band is so amazing [in my opinion] considering how not wellknow it is. Peace everyone, and no matter what your genre or what makes your ears orgasm, have fun listening to music!!
    Tracerbullet
    This is an outstanding Album. A total unique and energetic Fusion of Southern Rock, Metal and Hardcore. I consider this to be one of the best metal albums of the last 5 years. No annoying childish Deathvocals, no ****ing Emo, just pure Rock-, Metal-, Hardcoreelements. Fucking Awesome!!!! This is how modern Metal should sound like. Fantastic!!!!!